• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised to see this comment:

"QB Passer Ratings First 3 Seasons in NFL

Tim Tebow - 75.3

Michael Vick - 71.1

John Elway - 67.3

[And don't give me the BS about Elway "playing in an different era," as Marino entered the NFL the same year as Elway and had a 96.3 QB Passer Rating his first three seasons! The same three seasons Elway had a 67.3! LOL!]"

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/08/31/report-patriots-release-tim-tebow/

Edited by GA Russell

Yesterday's Wall Street Journal reported that since 1950, there has never been an undrafted rookie quarterback who started his team's regular season opener in his first year out of college.

On Monday, the Buffalo Bills announced that they plan to start undrafted rookie Jeff Tuel in their Week 1 game against New England.

They were never going to be that good anyway. On the positive side. It puts them in the Jadeveon Clowney hunt. If they didn't overreach for Manuel; they might have been in the hunt for Bridgewater, or Boyd next year.

The Bills would be good team with the right QB. That's the only thing they're missing on the offensive side of the ball.

So to say they were never going to be that good anyway is not a correct statement.

Actually, he's not beginning to. He's been dealing with it for years. He first came out about it last year.

I was surprised to see this comment:

"QB Passer Ratings First 3 Seasons in NFL

Tim Tebow - 75.3

Michael Vick - 71.1

John Elway - 67.3

[And don't give me the BS about Elway "playing in an different era," as Marino entered the NFL the same year as Elway and had a 96.3 QB Passer Rating his first three seasons! The same three seasons Elway had a 67.3! LOL!]"

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/08/31/report-patriots-release-tim-tebow/

Elway played in a different era. ;)

No, Elway wasn't a very good QB early on in his career.

That said, QB rating is biggest joke category ever devised for sports.

Followed closely by '3rd down efficiency'. Lumping every third down together and going with the average is, IMHO, just absurd. There's a huge difference between 3rd and inches and 3rd and 10, so to lump them all together muddies what could be a good stat. No one yet has found a correlation between making third downs and winning games.

No, Elway wasn't a very good QB early on in his career.That said, QB rating is biggest joke category ever devised for sports.

Followed closely by '3rd down efficiency'. Lumping every third down together and going with the average is, IMHO, just absurd. There's a huge difference between 3rd and inches and 3rd and 10, so to lump them all together muddies what could be a good stat. No one yet has found a correlation between making third downs and winning games.

Well, I suppose converting third downs certainly helps, but I agree. Pretty worthless stat.

Niners win!

And somebody needs to put the hurt on Clay Matthews. This was total bullshit:

2013-09-08T224640Z_412150772_GM1E9990IOZ

How come the 49ers still had 3rd down after that play instead of 4th down???

Officiating error - that's why. Offsetting penalties - you don't replay the down.

Poetic justice.

Besides, the Niners would have gone for it again anyway.

And let's be honest here. The only reason there were off-setting penalties was because Matthews started up a fight with Staley. He was trying to make that happen so he wouldn't get what he deserved..

Besides, Staley never committed a penalty. Matthews slapped him.

And I quote: A league spokesman told USA TODAY Sports on Monday that Dean Blandino, the NFL's vice president of officiating, has determined 49ers left tackle Joe Staley "should not have been penalized" for entering the scrum and grabbing Clay Matthews after the Packers linebacker hit Niners quarterback Colin Kaepernick out of bounds.

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/49ers/2013/09/09/joe-staley-officiating-error-clay-matthews/2787299/

Ref's screwed that one, too.

Edited by GoodSpeak