Upcoming Vacation in the Mediterranean

My only advice: Don't walk to where you're going to walk. If you're going to a museum or the forum, ride there. Otherwise, have a wonderful time, take it easy, see what you see and don't stress over what you don't. Drink wine, eat gelato in Italy and hang out with that wonderful spouse of yours. I mean, she's stayed with you for fifty years of jazz collecting, recording, and producing. She must be really, really special! ;)

My only advice: Don't walk to where you're going to walk. If you're going to a museum or the forum, ride there. Otherwise, have a wonderful time, take it easy, see what you see and don't stress over what you don't. Drink wine, eat gelato in Italy and hang out with that wonderful spouse of yours. I mean, she's stayed with you for fifty years of jazz collecting, recording, and producing. She must be really, really special! ;)

Reading past posts I found out that Ann took that classic photo of the Columbia studio during the Maze session among other photos. She is obviously multi talented as well. A special couple to be sure. Happy 50th anniversary and safe travels.

Corsica

Corsica is really beautiful. Try to spend some time around the Cap Corse in the northernest part of the island (also the Agriates desert),

Bonifacio at the southerrn tip of the island is a superb place. And if the weather is good the mountains in between these north and south areas are really worth a visit!

I really don't understand all the warnings. Hopefully they won't weigh heavily on decisions and choices. Stuff happens, mainly to fools (occasionally to the unlucky). You're not a fool.

So go, have a helluva time. Celebrate something truly worth celebrating.

I agree with Bebop. I've never had anything nicked in Europe (or America). Only once in Africa, which is where white tourists are targets. Just don't be stupid - but I doubt you will be.

Have a good time.

MG

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, good walking shoes are a good idea, I hope you and Ann have plenty of time to wander around, wherever you are. Another good idea is gelato in Rome. So is wearing your money, passports, etc. in a money belt in train stations, buses, crowded entrances, exits. Lots of local folks in Europe speak English. Might not be a good idea to holler "Yay, Munich!" while in the company of soccer fans.

Show us your and Anne's photos, then, please.

I really don't understand all the warnings. Hopefully they won't weigh heavily on decisions and choices. Stuff happens, mainly to fools (occasionally to the unlucky). You're not a fool.

So go, have a helluva time. Celebrate something truly worth celebrating.

I agree with Bebop. I've never had anything nicked in Europe (or America). Only once in Africa, which is where white tourists are targets. Just don't be stupid - but I doubt you will be.

Have a good time.

MG

Barcelona specifically is legendary for pickpockets and purse-snatchers. Have heard way more stories of this stuff happening there than anywhere else in Europe.

• 3 weeks later...