Led Zeppelin Remasters 2014

Soulstation1

Listening to the Led Zep I remaster on Spotify now, sounds great. I've heard all the "hits" so to speak, not the albums in context. used to have the Led Zepplin DVD with the incredible Moby Dick solo

you can hear the merits or quality of a remaster via streaming in spotify..............?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to be a Hendrix nut in high school. I had some 40 Jimi CDs, official and bootleg. This was before the Hendrix family assumed control. The new discs must be improvements?

Not in my book. The Hendrix family reissues are maximized to the point of inducing a headache if you make the mistake of listening with headphones.

Unfortunately, the earlier CDs were no sonic jewels either. I'm beginning to doubt that anyone will get this catalog to sound its best in the digital world.

Listening to the Led Zep I remaster on Spotify now, sounds great. I've heard all the "hits" so to speak, not the albums in context. used to have the Led Zepplin DVD with the incredible Moby Dick solo

you can hear the merits or quality of a remaster via streaming in spotify..............?

Yes, if it's plugged into your main stereo system you can. I never blind buy anything these days, Spotify (or youtube) is used to assess everything prior to purchase.

I to 4 and PG for me.

Still get a particular thrill from III & IV.

I'm waiting for the Japanese XPRZ remasters. They've promised 25% more cardboard. Awesome!

If only the Tories hadn't cheated you out of a new hearing aid, right?

Don't need one quite yet but when I do Led Zeppelin will be one of the bands I intend to sue.

Can you wear headphones with a hearing aid? There's a problem I've not anticipated.

Edited by A Lark Ascending

I to 4 and PG for me.

Still get a particular thrill from III & IV.

I'm waiting for the Japanese XPRZ remasters. They've promised 25% more cardboard. Awesome!

If only the Tories hadn't cheated you out of a new hearing aid, right?

Don't need one quite yet but when I do Led Zeppelin will be one of the bands I intend to sue.

Can you wear headphones with a hearing aid? There's a problem I've not anticipated.

Listening to hard rock on headphones should qualify anyone for a hearing aid in no time.

Yes, if it's plugged into your main stereo system you can. I never blind buy anything these days, Spotify (or youtube) is used to assess everything prior to purchase.

Right, my laptop is plugged into my receiver, so it goes over my speakers. Sometimes the albums there and Rhapsody are encoded badly

I definitely don't crank hard rock in headphones.

I keep hearing complaints bout the Hendrix family releases. I probably would hate them on headphones too, but I avoid headphones like the plague. To me they sound so much better than any previous cd release, and they sound like the albums more to me than any previous release. I could only really understand not liking them if one were new to the Hendrix "experience" and didn't know the original lps.

There are at least 3 bona fide classics on Presence:

Achilles Last Stand

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Tea For One - (this is my desert island Jimmy Page guitar performance)

and the rest of the album is fine.

Edited by Shawn

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm. . . I can see not being a big Bonham fan (and I'm not really) but he gave the music its own type of swing and there's lots of energy there for me.

Was out and about and bought a Led Zeppelin t-shirt today. Something may be wrong with me!

Don't know how to describe

But I-III Remasters sound new and fresh to me

I picked up the deluxe 2 CD set of Led Zeppelin II over the weekend and I have to disagree with you here. This new remaster sounds nowhere near as good as the old original CD that was issued way back when. It's overly loud and trebly - painfully so when cranked up (and Zep NEEDS to be cranked up!).