Walking Dead, The

Besides movie censorship and the quest for a PG-13 rating, probably also because they are dressed in their undertaker best.

IIRC though, the original "Night of the Living Dead" by Romero, the zombies had mostly tattered clothes and a couple were nude (tattered skin maybe?).

True story: My former brother-in-law once bought a box of really nice-looking white dress shirts that "fell off the truck." Got them home, took them out, found out they did not have any backs; they were for an undertaker's funeral home :smirk:

Why do they all move in such a slow and ungainly way?

Rigamortis?

There's another station that is trying to cash in on the zombie craze. At times the zombies on this show move like olympic sprinters. I think the show is called Z Nation. I watched it once.

Must be based on World War Z where the zombies moved at sprinter-like speeds.

I really don't get the whole zombie fetish that overtook pop culture the last couple of years, but I do find The Walking Dead to be a very well-written and acted show. Other than that, I avoid anything zombie-related.

I prefer the only moderate threat presented by slow-moving zombies.

Incidentally, has anyone seen the new post-apocalyptic series, Falling Skies, on Fox, which just aired the first episode in the UK on Sky? This one is alien invasion and is set in Massachusetts. Walking Dead is set in Georgia. Seems every state will soon have its own apocalypse series.

SPOILER?

In reference to the TV series, I sure wish the writers would give us a more macro- view of the world. As soon as it seems that we are going to broaden the scope of the storyline, they find a way to draw it all back in to a very, very, very micro- level. It felt for a minute that we were going to at least have multiple plotlines.

The multiple plot lines thing had gotten a little tedious during the first part of this past season. It became somewhat of an annoyance because they only covered one per episode.

I think one of the problems is that you have different writers for different shows. But, the last couple of episodes leading up to the midseason finale kind of brought things back around to a more coherent and cohesive storyline.

When it's good, it's good. The rest of the time, it's tedious. The show has settled into three episode chapters with very little progress. I was relieved when they ended the Terminus chapter so abruptly in comparison to the Governor chapter, though even it had a brief return from the dead.

Who will the next bad guy be?

Thanks for the 28 Days Later rec., by the way. Started watching that on my streaming service (with apologies to those from whom only a physical product is real). Really good - didn't know it was British and directed by Danny Boyle, no less. I don't follow the movies very much so I had never heard of it... :blush:

When it's good, it's good. The rest of the time, it's tedious. The show has settled into three episode chapters with very little progress. I was relieved when they ended the Terminus chapter so abruptly in comparison to the Governor chapter, though even it had a brief return from the dead.

Who will the next bad guy be?

The Governor was quite possibly the most irritating character ever created.