mjzee

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

I bought it, listened to it for a couple of days exclusively, and remain satisfied, extra-satisfied, actually, with the new material. It's fresh! Probably the only reason for a purchaser to be wary is if they have a reactionary phobia against strings in general, and/or of pop songs not played as revolt-bop.

Sounds enticing! 

IIRC I paid around £15 for mine from an Amazon seller in Germany.

I've grown so vary of those vendors (selling non-declared CDRs, wrongly described/graded used items, not reimburseming properly even if the error's theirs ...) - but looks like the best option in this case, alas. Hip-O being Universal-owned one would expect them to have proper distribution though ...

• 9 months later...

Finally got this and spun it. The new mastering is an improvement. I get what Jim says about the writing for strings. . . but they just sort of hang as curtains behind Bird for me, and Bird plays like Superman. Just an amazing sound and such a flow of ideas, faucet turned all the way UP.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2015 at 5:48 PM, paul secor said:

As much as I love Bird, I'm almost tempted to let this one pass me by. Time will tell, though.

I got it a while back - Jeff C. sort of pushed me over the edge and I'm glad he did. I should always remember that there ain't  no bad Bird.

4 hours ago, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

hate mitch miller all u want, this is some extreme street cred rt here....

---- k so these alts are JUST being released for the 1st time?  thats a long delay

I don't bother to hate Mitch Miller ... and yes, and on top of that at least some of them are truly outstanding!

• 2 weeks later...