R.I.P. Christopher Lee

He made some fine films in his career.

Christopher Lee, the mystical British actor whose haunting, intimidating performances as Count Dracula, the Frankenstein monster and Fu Manchu made him an icon of horror films and the cinematic embodiment of villainy, has died. He was 93.

R.I.P. Mr. Lee.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/christopher-lee-legendary-movie-villain-and-121265764947.html

I honestly had no idea he was still alive. I've enjoyed his performing in everything I've seen him in. Just last night I was watching The House That Dripped Blood, a 1970 film in which he starred along with Peter Cushing. Not a great movie, but both of those gentlemen gave their usual good performances. I only wish he had undertaken the Sherlock Holmes role more frequently. He was ideally suited for it.

I vaguely remember a sketch he did when he hosted SNL. He played the Grim Reaper in a scene with Gilda Radner as a little girl. it was both funny and touching.

May he rest in peace, After that long and busy career, he richly deserves to.

A lot of really nice remembrances here:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/christopher-lee-dead-hollywood-mourns-801776?facebook_20150611

This from Martin Scorsese:

“Sir Christopher Lee was my friend. I think of him every day, and I always will. We both wished that we’d been able to work together more, but it was a joy to make Hugo together. And to just be with him, just listening to his stories, in that beautiful baritone voice, stories about his time in the war, his time working during the heyday of Hammer, on all those wonderful pictures that are now considered to be classics, on eight decades in movies …

“At a certain point they realized what a treasure they had, and they made him Sir Christopher. And that’s as it should be. He was a great actor, a wonderful friend, a REAL professional, and I’m really going to miss him.”