all things emusic

John B

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks as if Thirsy Ear have been added to Emusic.(Just when I thought I had this months downloads sorted!)

So far they have a bunch of Matthew Shipp and a few others. If they keep adding artists, especially William Parker, I will definitely sign up again.

Definitely an exciting development.

I record companies were smart, they should put there OOP stuff up there. Come on Blue Note!!

Edited by md655321

They've been adding stuff formerly on "Label M" but now on the Hyena Records / Kufala Recordings label. Not only the previously mentioned Getz and Rich albums, but they just added a Rahsaan album "The Man Who Cried Fire" which AMG gave a RAVE review.

Also, Joe Williams "Havin' A Good Time" and T.S. Monk "Higher Ground".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Grabbed four of the five new James Finn sets.  Liking what I've heard so far.  Tending toward the Avant Garde, but also some nice flute work.

There's a quick review of these up over at Bagatellen. I'm lookingforward to sampling them next month.

by the way, I was watching Word Wars last weekend and saw your name pop up in sixth place at the Nationals. No action shots of you in action, however.

2 questions i have

how do you change from audio format cd to a mp3 format?

is this simple or difficult

could someone send a folder of e-music downloaded music over the internet in an e-mail?

thanks

ss1

1. Depends. Like ripping CD tracks into .mp3? Most software to do this is well documented.

2. No. You could archive the files simply to pack them into one file for sending, but mp3s don't compress any further and the filesize would be far too big 'send' anywhere, especially over email. Most commercial email clients would never allow a file of that magnitude to be attached to an email. Just make a CD out of them and send that using an old fashioned stamp and envelope! :rhappy:

An easier way then sending would be to give that person your email and password to login (if you trust them enough.) Anything that has already been downloaded can be downloaded an unlimited amount of times on any computer. They can just download it themselves.

Of course, this is obviously a breach of copyright law and not there intended use. (However, if any one wants to PM me their email and password that would be ok.)