all things emusic

John B

Just blew through my first 50 and going with the 40/month plan for now. emusic and my belated purchase of an iTrip have rejuvenated my iPod!

My question is, and I think I know the answer, does emusic have a "# of songs" search? That would be a pretty useful feature... have 6 songs left? Search for albums with 6 songs and have at it!

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just blew through my first 50 and going with the 40/month plan for now. emusic and my belated purchase of an iTrip have rejuvenated my iPod!

I've been rolling along quite nicely on the 40/month plan ever since eMusic begain imposing limits. But but then, I'd already downloaded a goodly amount of material - including some of the tasty box xets that are hard to aquire within download limits.

I just upgraded to the eMusic Plus Annual subscription which is 65 tunes for about $12/month. Seemed like a worthwhile upgrade for not much more money.

As far as searching by # of tunes, just download as much of an album you can and then finish it off when your month rolls over. At least that's what I do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mary Lou Williams: Presents Black Christ of the Andes, Zoning and Zodiac Suite all hit today along with lots of other Smithsonian/Folkways material. James P Johnson from the jazz side, Lucinda Williams, Woody Guthrie, Leadbelly and various Seegers included in the folk/blues. Also Monk Live in Paris on Hyena.

Other recent highlights are Woody Shaw Live Volume 4, Sonny Rollins latest Without a Song: the 9/11 Concert and Sonny Fortune/Billy Harper: Great Friends.

Edited by randyhersom

• 3 weeks later...

Mary Lou Williams:  Presents Black Christ of the Andes, Zoning and Zodiac Suite all hit today along with lots of other Smithsonian/Folkways material.  James P Johnson from the jazz side, Lucinda Williams, Woody Guthrie, Leadbelly and various Seegers included in the folk/blues.  Also Monk Live in Paris on Hyena.

Other recent highlights are Woody Shaw Live Volume 4, Sonny Rollins latest Without a Song: the 9/11 Concert and Sonny Fortune/Billy Harper: Great Friends.

Was the Rollins withdrawn? I've searched a couple of times and can't see it.

Any thoughts on either Curtis Fuller's Keep it Simple or Dave Douglas's Bow River Falls? These both seem to have been added recently?

For the Rollins, you have to scroll way down to the Live Performances section.

Chiaroscuro appeared in quantity today. I've been wanting a CD copy of guitarist Jack Wilkins - Merge for some time now, with some nice mainstream playing by Randy Brecker. So that was my first grab, but the Mary Lou Williams and Earl Hines beckon too - I feel a booster pack coming on.

Another Jeremy Pelt on MAXJAZZ and many nice looking west coast items by Richie Kamuca, Jack Sheldon, Herb Geller, Pete Jolly and Conte Candoli on VSOP.

Totally bizarre. I know I checked Rollins a couple of times and the only live performance was Don't Stop the Carnival. Maybe it was embargoed until the CD came out in stores. I ended up pre-ordering it with something else to get free shipping on Amazon. Well, I don't think I'll regret it.

I had the new Rollins bookmarked "saved for later," so I can still click on it... but it now says something like "not available at this time." Thought it odd that it'd show up on Ebay before retail. I'm sure they're just holding it back.

VSOP Records today including:

Pepper Adams

Richie Kamuca

Jack Sheldon

Danny D'Imperio

Eddie Costa Quintet

Herb Geller Quartet

Jimmy Rowles Sextet

Mel Lewis Sextet

Warne Marsh

... and a lot of others.

BTW, the new Rollins is showing up as available for me.

Edited by BFrank

BTW, the new Rollins is showing up as available for me.

Yep, available now - but today's it's official release day isn't it?

It was available a month ago as a download. I grabbed it immediately.

Yeah, it was - but then somebody realized that it wasn't supposed to be released yet. :D

Sunnysides starting to show up, two by Luciano Souza and a Beat poetry date by Steve Lacy.

A new conversations with Sun Ra album that curiosity will drive me to check out sometime.

Two new Braxtons on New Albion.

The Matthias Lupri sounded great on first listen.

Other items of curiosity include Danny D'Imperio, Khan Jamal, Brother Ah and Pepper Adams.

Sunnysides starting to show up, two by Luciano Souza and a Beat poetry date by Steve Lacy.

A new conversations with Sun Ra album that curiosity will drive me to check out sometime.

Two new Braxtons on New Albion.

The Matthias Lupri sounded great on first listen.

Other items of curiosity include Danny D'Imperio, Khan Jamal, Brother Ah and Pepper Adams.

The Chiaroscuro label has been added.