Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, soulpope said:

Part of the superb Art Farmer recordings from the mid70's ....

Yes!  :tup 

8 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Art Pepper “The Complete Maiden Voyage Recordings” disc 3

f751d2250f667638419d729c8eebb0a0425731f2

Lots of clarinet–a good thing.

I haven't plopped for that complete set.  I'm trying to hold off. 

But it's tough -- because everything I've heard from that Maiden Voyage gig has been terrific.  :)

Jason Palmer “Live From Summit Rock In Seneca Village” Giant Step Arts cd

Bass – Edward Perez
Design – Jimmy & Dena Katz
Drums – Johnathan Blake
Tenor Saxophone – Mark Turner
Trumpet, Written-By, Producer, Liner Notes – Jason Palmer

Recorded live at Summit Rock in Seneca Village in Central Park, New York City, on May 31, 2021.

aa901387eecbbed16476d623663adca25b8881a8

14 hours ago, rostasi said:

If you check my post, you’ll see that the third LP has
bass overdubs of the first LP - making it a 21 track album.

Well I only saw the album cover.

Oh yeah, those overdubs, I think on the America LP I had (that was a French label that had issued most of the Mingus related or Mingus led American records from the 50´s to 1970. 
I didn´t know about overdubbing when I was a kid and heard this and have had one of the best experiences of my early live hearing it, I just heard the bass of Mingus, maybe overdubbed since it sounded stronger, and Mingus was my hero, anyway, he was the first jazz Musician I heard on record and live, so it didn´t mean so much to me. I later heard it was overdubbed but imagine, those two records "Massey Hall" and "Bud Powell Trio" (from the same date) where among my treasures, I never bought another copy I think.......

10 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Miles Davis “In A Silent Way” Sony Blu-Spec CD2 2023. Seems to be a Blu-Spec CD2 reissue of the mastering in Sony SRCS 9713 from 2000, a DSD remaster I have never heard before. Sounds very nice!

2bdc7a40292874a77d8c2a7da53419f2b5a84323

A real milestone for us kids when it came out or someone of the older kids had purchased it. That strong ostinato bass line , I think played in unison with Joe Zawinuls organ, that sounded so great. Each kid that at least could finger four strings on guitar or bass, played that line . 

Just a wonderful record, I still have the LP somewhere. Thanks for sharing, I´m gonna listenin´to it again, to dig back into my own past....

Rez Abbasi - Things to ComeThings_to_Come_(Rez_Abbasi_album).jpg.1bcfa912f0d59e2f8af7d34ed6a60bda.jpg

Revisiting this one. Not a bad record and lots to love. Rudresh Mahanthappa and a good rhythm section nobly battling against Abbasi's and Iyer's studiousness. I'm not a strong believer that jazz has to be anything, but this sort of record does bring out my inner Albert Murray. I just wish this bunch would work on being a bit livelier.

Edited by Rabshakeh