Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Saw Higgins, Walton and Berg around 1980 so this is a nice blast from the past .... at the gigs it was David Williams on bass under Cedar's 'Eastern Rebellion' name.

Saw them in 1981 @ Vienna and the band was smokin' ....at said time I had quite some expectations about the future career of  Bob Berg but things turned out differently ....

Strange I have not seen that, at what venue was this ? 

I only heard the Cedar Walton TRIO at "REIGEN" in the 2000´s . But I think it was after Higgin´s death. So I don´t know who was on bass and drums. 

REIGEN was a good joint, I often went there with Serena, we could walk from our place to that venue. They had great musicians, she saw Archie Shepp , Johnny Griffin and so on with me. I also did perform there in the early 90´s. 

But I don´t know what has happend to the plays. When I asked Mario (Gonzi), he said better no, it ain´t what it used to be.....

On another forum someone was playing tis Lawrence Brown disc and so I pulled a few Verve Elite cds from the shelves.

Hard to believe this series was introduced about 25 years ago! I made sure to get all of them at the time.

Lawrence Brown had such a great sound and Ellington loved to feature him. This cd reissue has an additional two tracks compared to the original LP.

Lawrence Brown “Slide Trombone” Verve Elite cd

f6f71400f3716eb05a5e29affb8e7050258a39d0

Turning to the “Art of the Vegh Quartet” box set to listen to the earliest Mozart string quartets.

My Dad was a huge Mozart fan. . . me not so much. But I do llike this Quartet and the sound is nice this morning. Fiona the dachshund is restless though so I’ll see if I can make it through the disc.

Disc 9

f72f844c6fc510ae9f5b34c0cdf8c62bcd2abe38

edmonton-festival76.jpg

Recorded @ the Edmonton Jazz Festival on April 14th, 1976 (broadcast CBC Radio aka very good sound) .... outstanding live performance by Paul Desmond and the "Canadian Trio" ..... btw this was released on Gambit Records and the photoshoped picture of Paul Desmond can`t be from 1976 🙈 ....