HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ORGANISSIMO

Dan Gould

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Maxine Gordon, Dexter's wife, chose to post here, is just god-darned amazing. If you want talk about a jazz BB, there's only one place to go. Let's keep it going ;)

Yes and also Kenny Dorham's daughter. The place to be, indeed. With Dexter and Dorham had recorded together. But that's music made in heaven B)

Wow! A year already.

I remember that morning logging into the BNBB and seeing the sections of the site disappearing before my eyes.

Thank you Jim, Joe, Randy, Use3D for giving us this great home away from home!

I really appreciate the people that I have met here. You have been great friends and have had a huge influence on my thinking.

Cheers!

Happy birthday! Sorry I couldn't make the party (was roughing it on train and bus trip to the sticks sans computer) -- but I love this place and all y'all!

Well, Maren, one good thing. You missed my customary solo tango on the bar, after that inadvisable third glass of wine. ;)

BTW, I love it here too. :wub:

I just got home after a weekend of traveling (and making money playing jazz!).

Unfortunately I came home to a very wet basement (heavy rain in KC last week) :rmad: and spent the day tearing out wet stinking carpet. :eye::eye: My jazz cave has been compromised! It will rise again, however, like the phoenix. No damage to the music collection, thank goodness.

So I'm very late to the party- all I see is bottles strewn about, decorations half-destroyed, an abused blow-up doll and a cake with a hoofprint in it. Looks like it was a good hang. A couple bums got tossed, but they were asking for it.

Happy Birthday, Organissimo Forum. :party: And Jim, Joe and Randy- thanks for making this a great hangout. :tup And thanks to all the board members for the same. Looking forward to more wAcKy Hi-JiNx in the future.

Cheers, boys! (and ladies!) :tup

Unfortunately I came home to a very wet basement (heavy rain in KC last week) :rmad: and spent the day tearing out wet stinking carpet. :eye::eye: My jazz cave has been compromised! It will rise again, however, like the phoenix. No damage to the music collection, thank goodness.

I feel your pain, bro. I was gone this weekend too and my poor 8 month pregnant wife and her sister had to share shifts all night long to keep the rain from getting into my music studio in the basement. Our house is old (1909) but the biggest problem is that the dumb-ass previous owners had new eaves put on... but only on the east and west sides! No eaves on the north or south sides!! So the rain has nowhere to go but straight into the ground and through the basement walls.

Needless to say, we're getting eaves this week put up and that should solve 90% of the problem.

For the other 10%, I'm going to use this sealer, which promises to be very very cool. I've emailed them and talked about my situation and they guarantee that if I apply the stuff right, no water will come through my walls ever again. It's a tad expensive, but consider the no-brand shit at Home Depot costs $74 per 5 gallons and this doesn't seem so bad.

Unfortunately I came home to a very wet basement (heavy rain in KC last week) :rmad:  and spent the day tearing out wet stinking carpet. :eye:  :eye:  My jazz cave has been compromised! It will rise again, however, like the phoenix. No damage to the music collection, thank goodness.

I feel your pain, bro. I was gone this weekend too and my poor 8 month pregnant wife and her sister had to share shifts all night long to keep the rain from getting into my music studio in the basement. Our house is old (1909) but the biggest problem is that the dumb-ass previous owners had new eaves put on... but only on the east and west sides! No eaves on the north or south sides!! So the rain has nowhere to go but straight into the ground and through the basement walls.

Needless to say, we're getting eaves this week put up and that should solve 90% of the problem.

For the other 10%, I'm going to use this sealer, which promises to be very very cool. I've emailed them and talked about my situation and they guarantee that if I apply the stuff right, no water will come through my walls ever again. It's a tad expensive, but consider the no-brand shit at Home Depot costs $74 per 5 gallons and this doesn't seem so bad.

Yeah, we need to get our drainage thing straightened out. In addition to the eaves we need to get some additional dirt around the foundation, which we were planning to do, we just didn't get it done in time. Everyone tells me that if you can get the drainage happening, it solves 95% of the problems. I'll check out that sealant, though.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress..........