BLINDFOLD TEST #8

Jim Dye

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not recognize any of the songs on here. You people have had to have listened to a shitload of jazz, i am quite the neophyte. I did enjoy the cds quite much, look forward to a time when i can listen randomly to jazz music and say definately who played it.

i instantly fell in love with #4 by the way, Great track!

Edited by Saxophone__Vagina

• 4 weeks later...

ok, i got this a month ago and after probably between 6-8 auditions i have my opinion.

for me it was the toughest BFT yet, a real challenge for digging the music specially all tracks from Disc 2.

thanks Jim for sending me the discs and i remember that on my first exposure i didn't liked it specially Disc 2. i couldn't connect myself with some of the sax players and the music sometimes was so furious that i couldn't hande it.

i liked tracks 3,4,6,7,8,9,11&12 from disc 1 and i´m curious to know about the answers.

i´ll never forget tracks 1&3 from disc 2. i've forced myself to listen to them in its entirety and carefully and maybe one day i´ll be so open-minded that i´ll get this kind of music but...it reminded me when i heard Ornette's Free album....

i really like to be challenged in jazz music so i´m very thankful to you Jim!!

Marcus

Edited by marcoliv