New Selects are on the Mosaic site

Gary

I wonder if the numbering of the Select's is a subtle psychological play on our collector mentality (some of us anyway) - i.e. resulting in our 'need/desire' to acquire ALL sets just so there are no gaps in our collection, even though we may not particularly enjoy an artist's music.

I'm going to have to leave the Selects till much later - already having a tough time keeping up with the regular Mosaic sets.

"Drum ode" is an excellent 70's Liebman recording, with Beirach, Abercrombie and many percussionists. My favourite Liebman ECM session is "Lookout farm", but it has not been reissued on CD.

I'm still hesitating to get the Liebman Mosaic, because I just bought the hatOLOGY double CD "Bookends", a duo session with pianist Marc Copland and Dave Liebman. That would be too much Liebman/piano duos at once.

Got the new Mosaic catalog in the mail today. The upcoming Selects are on the cover. Interesting note on the inside - they won't be distributing the Select series at retail for a while. Something about "market conditions" not being right at this time.

Got the new Mosaic catalog in the mail today.  The upcoming Selects are on the cover.  Interesting note on the inside - they won't be distributing the Select series at retail for a while.  Something about "market conditions" not being right at this time.

I don't have the new Mosaic catalog yet, but interesting.

Haven't the first Selects been available for about a year now? I wonder what the 'market conditions' are? Slow jazz sales? Slow CD sales in general? The retailers don't want to use their shelf space to display jazz titles?

Edited by wesbed