Nina's Blues 1959-1962 Fremeaux

tranemonk

19 minutes ago, mikeweil said:

.Early Nina Simone, especially the Colpix releases, is a discographical mess. The Roulette CDs available for a short time are the best issues, IMO, but still a mess. 

Is there any plan (e.g., Mosaic) for someone to clean this up and release it in a clean, newly mastered box? 

15 minutes ago, mikeweil said:

I don't think so. Too many bootlegs around. The Roulette single CD reissues probably are as good as it gets. 

Probably right, and too bad.  I have a 2-CD anthology of Colpix material that Rhino put together (iirc) and one of the CD reissues of her Bethlehem album.  The later Philips and RCA sides have definitely been done more justice over the years.  Didn't Collectables reissue most of the Colpix albums as twofer CDs at one point?  

17 hours ago, ghost of miles said:

I have a 2-CD anthology of Colpix material that Rhino put together (iirc) and one of the CD reissues of her Bethlehem album.  The later Philips and RCA sides have definitely been done more justice over the years.  Didn't Collectables reissue most of the Colpix albums as twofer CDs at one point?  

Correct on all counts.