Lee Konitz - Motion 3 CD set Verve Elite Edition

22 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

I also was bummed I missed that Konitz set. I have a rip of the tracks, as well as the original Verve LP, but would love to have a copy of the full banana.

It was pretty elusive when it came out - the whole series was in limited quantities. I don’t think I ever saw a copy of the 3CD here in the UK and picked mine up during a visit to the States back then. The other very elusive one I recall in that Verve Elite series is the Lalo Schifrin.

On 1/23/2023 at 7:51 PM, Rooster_Ties said:

A used copy of the 3cd expanded version just sold on Dusty Groove — less than a hour after it was listed online — for $60.

More than I want to pay, but I guess if it sold that fast, then I suppose it’s priced right with what the market will bear.

https://www.dustygroove.com/item/487024

Not sure what I already said upthread, but I’d be happy if I ever found one for $40, give or take $5.

FWIW, I paid $45 for a used copy back in 2005, and I remember thinking at the time that I'd gotten a pretty good deal. I was on the lookout for a copy for some time before I finally got one at a price I was willing to pay. Copies certainly haven't gotten any more plentiful (or cheaper) in the used market since then. 

Edited by Dave Garrett

On 10/12/2022 at 3:58 AM, sidewinder said:

Even when it was in print, I recall it being tricky to track down a copy.

I bought a copy (new) from a local record store here in Brisbane at the time (1998) - still have the receipt - it was expensive even at the time, costing me $Aus 84

• 3 weeks later...