The Story Behind That Alice Coltrane Bumper Sticker You’re Seeing Everywhere

Haven't seen the Coltrane sticker but it's derived from another bumper sticker about the Mummy, which said something like (and I'm paraphrasing here): "I'd rather be watching the cinematic masterpiece The Mummy starring Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz" - with the same sort of syntax and design as this Coltrane one. I'm surprised the GQ article doesn't mention that unless I missed it. Either way, I hope people end up buying/streaming Alice after seeing this. 

24 minutes ago, sambrasa said:

I clicked on the link to the article hoping to see the famous bumper sticker. No luck. The photo posted here looks like Bill Murray so that's no good. Well maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to spot the famous Alice Coltrane bumper sticker everyone is talking about.

The first thing that comes up in that article is a picture of that sticker. The layout is so plain that you might be forgiven for thinking it's not the actual sticker.

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

Now, can somebody explain the Bill Murray decals?

Sold by the Chive. Per a comment at quora, Bill allowed them use of this pic (from a Paul Thomas Anderson movie I think) bc he liked their charity donations. So people who think it looks cool to have a sticker of Murray on their car post it up. I'd bet if said folks actually met him or ran into him they'd think twice about that. 

Edited by Dub Modal