Dino Danelli, RIP

danasgoodstuff

26 minutes ago, mikeweil said:

Always loved him much more than all other rock drummers for his black groove. He knew what he was doing when others were still learning to play these drums.

R.I.P.

I remember reading an article on Life or Look or one of those type of mags that pointed out that a black act crossing over to a white audience in undiluted form was hard enough, but even harder still was for a white band to cross over to a black audience.

The article singled out The Rascals as a band that was doing just that 

2 hours ago, JSngry said:

I remember reading an article on Life or Look or one of those type of mags that pointed out that a black act crossing over to a white audience in undiluted form was hard enough, but even harder still was for a white band to cross over to a black audience.

The article singled out The Rascals as a band that was doing just that 

In part because they always had black acts on the underbill if they were the headliner.

Bringing it, as always.

RIP, loved the group.  Was always so disappointed that they filmed their "Once Upon a Dream" multimedia show, but did not release it due to Felix holding out for a larger share.  I would have liked to have attended in Philly, but ticket prices were way prohibitive.