Scheisse '71

T.D.

This is unusual but interesting.

https://blacktruffle.bandcamp.com/album/schei-e-71

Download and vinyl only. I haven't been able to find any clips to listen to.

Excerpt from blurb:

Following on from the Bergisch-Brandenburgisches Quartett’s anarchic Live ’82 (BT095), Black Truffle continues its deep dive into the archives of legendary drummer/accordionist/photographer/composer/conceptual prankster Sven-Åke Johansson with Scheisse ’71. Recorded in November 1971 during the Berliner Jazztage at a heavy-hitting concert that also included the Spontaneous Music Ensemble and groups led by Peter Brötzmann, Manfred Schoof, and Masahiko Sato, Scheisse ’71 is the only document of a wild, otherwise unrecorded quintet featuring Johansson on drums, accordion and oboe d’amore, legendary free jazz vocalist Jeanne Lee, her husband Gunter Hampel on vibes, flute and bass clarinet, live electronics pioneer Michael Waisvisz on modified Putney (VCS 3) synthesizer, and the unknown Freddy Gosseye on electric bass. Part of a festival centred on giants of jazz like Duke Ellignton and Dizzy Gillespie, the radical performance shocked its audience, who can be heard heckling and yelling abuse at points, including the titular exclamation of ‘Scheiße!’

a3343877933_16.jpg

51 minutes ago, rostasi said:

Hoping it's not Scheiße!

The release showed up a couple of days ago on Dusty Groove's "Jazz: Coming Soon" page [so DG will likely get a number of vinyl copies], and I just had to click on such a title. 😉

Agreed that it's a punt, but looks well "worth a flutter"...That said, I don't buy vinyl and will wait to audition some tracks on bandcamp.

In the meantime, I had fun listening to this German punk release (and its twin) on bandcamp:

a0581931460_16.jpg

Edited by T.D.