Ordering from bluenote.com

Big Al

I tool advantage of the Thanksgiving 30%-off sale at bluenote.com which was November 23. Here it is December 23 and it has yet to ship. I've reached out to bluenote many times and keep getting the same reply: "Our warehouse is currently fulfilling your order and it will be ready to ship shortly. You should receive your tracking information in the next few business days!" I know it's the holidays, but nobody else seems to have this delay. Is this normal? TIA.

I ordered from them years ago right before they launched the Classics line and shipping was quick. However, based on what I’ve heard I haven’t done it since and it seems Amazon is just as inexpensive anyway, and definitely quicker. There’s no excuse for not shipping product out quickly. 

Received an interesting email: it says they're gonna refund my payment AND ship the order completely free of charge! It remains to be seen if this happens. If it does, I'll have scored three Tone Poets and a BN Classic! Now I wish I'd pulled the trigger on some of those other Tone Poets! :P

11 hours ago, Big Al said:

Received an interesting email: it says they're gonna refund my payment AND ship the order completely free of charge! It remains to be seen if this happens. If it does, I'll have scored three Tone Poets and a BN Classic! Now I wish I'd pulled the trigger on some of those other Tone Poets! :P

I ordered 3 Tone Poets and a CD in the same sale; the LPs arrived without the CD before Christmas.  I received the same email as you reference; I assume they are only referencing the CD omitted from the first shipment in my case.

11 hours ago, Big Al said:

How things have changed. I ordered a bunch of Tone Poet & Classic Vinyl LPs a few years back and after about 4 months, I contacted them to cancel the order and they never responded to my e-mails. I ended up getting a couple of them in and then they cancelled the rest.

I think they outsource the "they" - at least maybe back to the conglomo in the background.

Amazon = always cheap, incredibly speedy and transparent shipping.  Super easy returns.

Blue Note = don't bother unless you encounter an amazing sale and then, expect nothing remotely close to the Amazon experience.  Don't even think about a return.

So there are trade-offs. 😂

On 12/25/2023 at 11:05 AM, kh1958 said:

I ordered 3 Tone Poets and a CD in the same sale; the LPs arrived without the CD before Christmas.  I received the same email as you reference; I assume they are only referencing the CD omitted from the first shipment in my case.

Now I have received an email from them appearing to indicate that they have reshipped my entire order--three Tone Poets and a CD, when only the CD was the missing item.

1 hour ago, kh1958 said:

Now I have received an email from them appearing to indicate that they have reshipped my entire order--three Tone Poets and a CD, when only the CD was the missing item.

OK this is getting to the point of a Frasier episode where Martin gets an extra $50 from the ATM and Daphne keeps pestering him to give the money back but the bank won't cooperate, culminating in them offering Marty $10,000 for the guard drawing his gun on him, and then Daphne says, "could I open an account?"

I feel like I should order LPs I don't need to see if I can get them for free.

Well, here we are in 2024 and I've received neither my order nor my refund. The latest status on my order says it's now going to ship January 4. They didn't specify a year, so it could be 2025 for all I know. What a mess.

Well, my order summary that traces the timeline from order placed on November 21 to delivery of December 29 also states that my order is expected to ship on January 6th, 2024.  Seems like they need to tighten up a few loose ends over there

Order updates

• Past step: Confirmed November 21
  • Past step: On its way December 28
  • Past step: Out for delivery December 29
  1. Current step: Delivered December 29

Your order has been delivered

Your order has been delivered to the address you provided. If you haven’t received it, or if you have any other problems, contact us.

Your order is expected to ship on January 6, 2024

FedEx tracking number:

On 12/24/2023 at 11:17 PM, Big Al said:

Well, all's well that ends well: not only did my records deliver yesterday (Jan 8), but I also got a notification that my refund was scheduled to hit my PayPal by Thursday (Jan 11). While I'd hoped for either a delivery or a refund, I honestly did not expect both. Kudos to bluenote.com for following all the way through on their promises.

Now I just have to fight the temptation to use the refund to take advantage of their current sale.... image.png.97e2581643797497c66737e719ea2cec.png

Edited by Big Al
I wanted to use the green smiley emoticon