What music did you buy today?

tonym

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big day here - "The Artistry of Freddie Hubbard" on SACD, Sonny Stitt, "Move On Over" and "The Last Sessions," Chet Baker, "The Last Great Concert" and the newest reissue of Sinatra's "Ring-A-Ding Ding" (which I buy every time it's reissued); and, in the mail, Bobby Hackett "Plays the Great Music of Henry Mancini/Burt Kaemphert" (!!@!) and Dizzy Gillespie, "Dizzy's Party."

A big day here - "The Artistry of Freddie Hubbard" on SACD, Sonny Stitt, "Move On Over" and "The Last Sessions," Chet Baker, "The Last Great Concert" and the newest reissue of Sinatra's "Ring-A-Ding Ding" (which I buy every time it's reissued); and, in the mail, Bobby Hackett "Plays the Great Music of Henry Mancini/Burt Kaemphert" (!!@!) and Dizzy Gillespie, "Dizzy's Party."

I'm glad I'm not alone - some have reacted in disbelief at my affection for the Bobby Hackett/Henry Mancini album, which I have on LP. (The guy at the record store laughed out loud). But I really like it - it's an album which is entertaining on both ironic and un-ironic levels.

An amazing used cd haul haul today, all for the amazing price of $25!!!

Roland Kirk-I Talk with the Spirits-Limelight/VME

Teddy Charles-New Directions-Prestige/OJC

Shelly Manne & His Men-At the Blackhawk Vol. I-Contemporary/OJC

Lennie Niehaus-The Octet #2, Vol. 3-Contemporary/OJC

Bobby Hutcherson-Montara-BN