The Worst Masterpiece: "Rhapsody in Blue" at 100, by Ethan Iverson

16 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Just make the damn thing bigger and you can read it just fine. Use a touch screen if you have too 

This is it in a nutshell.  You are always right!  Or you think you are.  I just mentioned I was a computer professional for decades.  Do you think I might know how to blow up a picture?  You posted a  very low res pic.  When blown up to a size I could read it looks like a blur.  If I leave it pretty small I could maybe puzzle it out in an hour or two of staring at it, which I am not about to do.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Jesus  i an using my phone an am stretching the image to a realm of gloriously marginal readability

Fact. 

No longer an I going to further engage with willful technical and mental incompetence.   

Fact

You can read it, therefore anyone can, regardless of visual impairment.  You really are dogmatic to the last.  You don't know the diff between resolution and size but I'm technically incompetent?  Uh huh.

I was just thinking it's not worth engaging with you. I think you are knowledgeable about music but it's hard to get past the dogmatism, one-upmanship, cheap shots  and foolery.

On 2/20/2024 at 9:10 AM, JSngry said:

About This Performance

Milhaud: The Creation of the World
Gershwin: Rhapsody in Blue
Copland: Appalachian Spring
Copland: Four Dance Episodes from Rodeo

This program is part of the "Cliches For the Clueless" series, correct?

I love all that, screw you.

The Milhaud is in a category by itself, imo.

I know I'm in the minority, but that "type" of Copland does nothing positive for me.

The point is that they're programming cliches, usually done to be "modern". They're no such thing. They are "favorites" and if they sell tickets to fund more adventurous programming (maybe even a commission or two?) or better music education) then more power to them. 

You have a nice day with it ok? 😃

• 3 weeks later...

well, if jive ass pasticheur and blowhard Ethan Iverson has done little of merit, at least he "inspired" this thread...

fight the power, Ethan! get that J-- i mean George, and it's near certain the ghosts of William Grant Still and Coleridge T. Perkinson-- maybe even Louis Gottschalk and Scott Joplin-- will sneak back in from eternity and acclaim you a true "Soul Brother."

Edited by MomsMobley