Bop Explosion "Waltz for Serena"

Gheorghe

Hello my friends ! 

Some of you will remember that I recorded in the great Dukatton.Studio here in Viena at the end of ianurarie 2024. 

Since last week the result of our wonderful collaboration is on sale. 

It´s out on the leading Austrian jazz and art label "Alessa Records" and the title of the album is one of the 6 compositions I contributed for it. 

And I had the great photo artist Lilia Kirilova making the website for us. 

Now I´m sure that only a few might purchase the album, but as much as I know it will be out also on some of those modern medias I don´t know nuthin´ about, something like spotify or soundcloud or what it is. 

Anyway I have to thank all those great musicians who worked with me. The core band (Johannes Probst on trumpet, Uli Langthaler on bass, Dusan Novakov on drums have worked with me on many ocasions for the last year, the highly talented young alto player Márton Papp, I just spotted him on a jam session where we old players jam with young budding artists and it was love from first hearing. I look and listen at him and he reminds me so much about my own self when I was at that tender age of 20, 21. 
And last not least. Our special guest artist is the one and only Andi Steirer, maybe the best and most recorded percussionist here in Austria. 
At least three artists here lead there own formations and have their own recordings, which I added as links on the homepage. 

Since the homepage is brand new there still is not much schedule or press on it, but things are gettin´ settled and we already have some important jazz venues not only in Viena but much more in whole Austria where we gonna play. 

And don´t forget the wonderful fotos the great artists Lilia Kirilova made: The cover foto , the group fotos, the whole design and all. 

Here my website where you can see the album:  www.bop-explosion.com 

You also see it on the label Alessa Records as ALR 1131. 

Your forum friend Gh. 

thank you all ! 

18 hours ago, mikeweil said:

Great! Now who is Serena?

Serena is my wife. 

When you read the liner notes, when the title tune "Waltz for Serena" is mentioned it is written that "it´s dedicated the stunning cover girl, who happens to be my wife"....

And on the backcover , below the track list, where is written "recorded at, , and the logo of the label, and who did the cover art etc, there is also written that she is the cover model. Yeah, the great foto- and design artist Lilia Krilova did a great job. 

Hope some of you will get a chance to listen to the stuff we recorded. This is fine musicians I have the chance to work with.....

1 hour ago, EKE BBB said:

Congratulations, Gheorghe. Count me in, I will buy your record, for sure! 🙂

Thank you, knowing your musical tastes, I´m quite confident that you will like it. Lookin´ forward to a review from you.

Always Gh.