Jimmy's Jazz & Blues Club in Portsmouth, NH...is this the most expensive jazz joint in the country?

Wanted to see Charles Lloyd Trio at Jimmy's Jazz & Blues Club in Portsmouth, NH, then I saw that tickets are $150 + "fees" (whoever invented these "fees" is certainly an American). 

https://jimmysoncongress.com/event/charles-lloyd-sky-trio-w-brian-blade-larry-larry-grenadier/

https://www.ticketmaster.com/charles-lloyd-sky-trio-featuring-brian-portsmouth-new-hampshire-06-02-2024/event/01005F64FBA1928F?_gl=1*12kbf1p*_ga*MTE2MjYxODQwNy4xNzE0NDI0NjI0*_ga_2Y88BWCYNL*MTcxNDQyNDYyNC4xLjEuMTcxNDQyNTIyNC4wLjAuMA..&_ga=2.86074520.122370848.1714424624-1162618407.1714424624

Truth be told, and not to harp on Jimmy's, they "keep it real": aside from the regular $150+"fees" tickets , there are $15+"fees" tickets, but you get to see Charles Lloyd on video monitor, and sit behind two or three walls and pretty much just be in the same building as him and the band.

I have never had to pay $150+"fees" for a jazz show, and have only seen ticket prices like that at the JALC (not even close in hipness as Jimmy's in Portsmouth, NH, I know). 

Looking at the menu for you and a companion, you are out $650-$700 for show and dinner. And when you walk out of the club, you are still in Portsmouth, NH, not in Cannes or Monte Carlo or San Remo. Portsmouth, NH....

Seems outrageous to me.

But I looked around and found ticket prices for the Cookers @ Scullers in Boston, late set (9 PM) May 10 topping out @ $140.

So maybe $150 isn't a wild outlier in some sense, but I agree that the price is not commensurate with the location. 😆

Edited by T.D.

5 minutes ago, T.D. said:

Seems outrageous to me.

But I looked around and found ticket prices for the Cookers @ Scullers in Boston, late set (9 PM) May 10 topping out @ $140.

Ahh, but that $140 is for a dinner and a show!

Just now, Dmitry said:

Ahh, but that $140 is for a dinner and a show!

Whoa, my bad. Apologies.

OK, agreed the $150 price @Jimmy's is f**g outrageous. 🖕

BTW, I also checked Yoshi's in Oakland (other big name that came to mind) and prices were nowhere near that level.

Wynton Marsalis played at Jimmy's in 2023 & he was $200 + fees. That same year, Herbie Hancock played there and tickets were $295 + fees!

I only live 25 minutes away and I rarely go due to the cost.

BTW - That Charles Lloyd gig is for a trio. I hope Charles is spreading the wealth to those other two guys. :)

11 hours ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

Wynton Marsalis played at Jimmy's in 2023 & he was $200 + fees. That same year, Herbie Hancock played there and tickets were $295 + fees!

I was still hoping that for that outrageous kind of money, Jimmy would throw in a charcuterie board and a bottle of organic sauvignon blanc (properly chilled, of course), but...

WHAT'S INCLUDED IN MY TICKET PURCHASE? Unless otherwise noted, at Jimmy’s Jazz & Blues Club your ticket price only includes admission to the event. Dinner and drinks are not included but are available for purchase at your ticketed seats.