How's the weather?

Crazy weather this week - there's actually thunder storms forecast for Thursday. :o

Snowed all day here. Had to go to work but got sent home at midday. Still snowing now. Hoping for the magic 6.00 call tomorrow morning. It's as heavy as I can recall it in recent years.

Some lovely photos like this:

_50217547_st_marys_scott_wilson.jpg

here

The weather is ridiculous here in Denmark! Snow everywhere and sub-zero centigrades all day... I wish I lived in a warmer country.

Don't try Eastern Oregon in the U.S.; it's been the same thing here.

Mark, sub zero Centigrade in Oregon???? :eye:

Rainy and in the mid 60's here in Atlanta...brrr!

Edit, Centigrade, Celsius....man, so glad we didn't switch from Fahrenheit! :wacko:http://www.sizes.com/units/temperature_centigrade.htm

Oh, Bev....great photo!!! :tup

Edited by BERIGAN

You're Danish too, Sidewinder? The weather truly is hellish! Minus 12 degrees celsius last night... Somebody told me, that European winters will be very cold for the next 7-10 years due to a temporary change in the gulfstream...That's just amazing!

No, 'fraid not. Although I sometimes eat Danish salami and might have some distant Viking blood from Erik Bloodaxe's troop, perhaps ! :g UK weather this week is unseasonably cold. It's been around -10C in the rural area around my place.

If the gulfstream has shifted then we're stuffed and I'm off back to Canada to warm up. :ph34r:

Wish I was a teacher like Bev and got the week off !

Edited by sidewinder

Most unlikely. Sent home early yesterday and it looks like all the schools are closed in Notts today. Very rare - I can only recall about ten days off for snow in 33 years! We might not be engaging directly with kids but like a lot of other professions I suspect, we'll be working from home. Remote computer access is a wonderful thing!

It's amazing outside - I don't recall snow this deep before. I recall big falls in the past that hit the North, South West or the one that caused a huge jam on the M11 a few years back but we rarely get hit with more than a light dusting. These last two years have been exceptional.

Feel very sorry for those who have to go out in this.

Oh dear. The lights have started to flicker! I recall a frealk storm c.1990 when the power went down all over Notts and they had to call in the Irish electricity engineers for back-up.

And it's still snowing.

Edited by A Lark Ascending

Thanks ! Not a major issue though for the South as we don't have the dumps of snow that you guys have had.

Oh dear. The lights have started to flicker! I recall a frealk storm c.1990 when the power went down all over Notts and they had to call in the Irish electricity engineers for back-up.

That forecasted thunder storm, perhaps? Certainly some strong gusts of wind first thing but it has calmed down now. No snow, just around 0C. Positively balmy, indeed.

Edited by sidewinder

PC018687-1.jpg?t=1291217660PC018688-1.jpg?t=1291217749

PC018693-1.jpg?t=1291217913

Strange day!

A nice 20 mins this morning with all the neighbours out together shovelling to clear some paths. The Polish family who live on one side couldn't understand why the rest of us were so excited!

Clear skies with the odd flurry this afternoon. But the sky has gone white again and more is falling.

Edited by A Lark Ascending

Most unlikely. Sent home early yesterday and it looks like all the schools are closed in Notts today. Very rare - I can only recall about ten days off for snow in 33 years! We might not be engaging directly with kids but like a lot of other professions I suspect, we'll be working from home. Remote computer access is a wonderful thing!

It's amazing outside - I don't recall snow this deep before. I recall big falls in the past that hit the North, South West or the one that caused a huge jam on the M11 a few years back but we rarely get hit with more than a light dusting. These last two years have been exceptional.

And it's still snowing.

We had snow at the weekend - although less than you by the looks of it - and it is very cold indeed, at least for us soft southern jessies. The lane outside is pretty icy and we haven't had any post since Saturday, although the milkman still gets through.

and it is very cold indeed, at least for us soft southern jessies.

Too true ! Still no significant fall of the fluffy stuff here, although a sprinkle is scheduled overnight.

I have a drive to Alpha Centauri/Lancashire to do on Monday afternoon so hope it thaws out up there !

Edited by sidewinder