How's the weather?

About 40 minutes ago, we had the heaviest hail storm I have ever seen, summer or winter. Lasted about 10 minutes, hail the size of marbles. The pavements and gardens were carpeted with ice, the streets resembled streams. All quiet now, the flood water starting to recede, the sun is out and there are shredded leaves everywhere.

Bill, did you get it?

Edited by rdavenport

About 40 minutes ago, we had the heaviest hail storm I have ever seen, summer or winter. Lasted about 10 minutes, hail the size of marbles. The pavements and gardens were carpeted with ice, the streets resembled streams. All quiet now, the flood water starting to recede, the sun is out and there are shredded leaves everywhere.

Bill, did you get it?

Pleased to have missed the hail, Richard. But we've had some very heavy downpours here today and yesterday.

Gorgeous here overlooking St Ives bay. Really heavy showers yesterday evening but always ablue bit of sky in view. Best run of weather I've had in Cornwall for some years.

Enjoy the Mike Westbrook gig tomorrow night. I'll be in Falmouth - not sure if I can make the trek across the peninsular to St Ives though..

Glorious day - did a nice walk from St Just to Sennan Cove. Highly recommended - unlike a lot of the Cornish coast you don't keep meeting gulleys that you have to climb down vertically only to climb 300 steps to get up the other side.

Rain moved in at 5.00; just got my tent up during a bright break and now it's monsooning.

I have feeling this very mixed weather is going to be with us a while.

Another beautiful day today - blue skies with fluffy white clouds interrupted by a couple of short but intense showers. Perfect for a long walk round St Anthony's Head peninsula, parallel to St Mawes.

Still lovely now but a very strong breeze. Could be the start of the less pleasant weather sidewinder predicted.