How's the weather?

Today was beautifully clear - but we've had a few of those in between recent storms.

Forecast is 'Exceptional weather' to hit UK. Doesn't look good, especially in the West Country:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/

w1388728800.gif

Quite the storm overnight but clear skies and flat calm this morning. Now heading North - enjoy !

Edited by sidewinder

Lots of rain overnight but also getting the clear skies here.

Seems like the West got the worst of it:

_72053899_5dff76b7-f184-46ed-aca7-4038a8

It was pretty grim earlier on but brightening up now (here in Cornwall). The south coast seems to have fared worst. Luckily we're on the north coast and uphill from the sea. We have had several spectacular thunderstorms, two this morning and one almost exactly at midnight on New Years Eve. Lost power every time.

-38C in Quebec City and -30C in Toronto acording to latest reports !

I'll take the rain storms..

Will have to do my house hunting in Cornwall in 18 months time a bit up hill!

Good move. I suspect that there will be an increasing premium placed on location vis a vis flood risk and as some homes become un-insurable.

Roads were clear on my commute today. It got worse the further West you went - some of the fields in the Somerset levels were predictably under water.

Edited by sidewinder

We're supposed to be above 20 all night, but it's been colder during the day these last few than it was during the December ice storm when we lost power and stuff.

And this morning, they were talking about rolling blackouts throughout the state because of the consumption rates. Didn't come to pass, but as a responsible consumer (thermostat stays below 70 all winter, and fleece wear is my friend) I began to get livid just a little. I mean, c'mon grid, grow the fuck up!