wesbed

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donald Fagen - The New Frontier

Joe Jackson - Stepping Out

Michael Franks - Your Secret's Safe With Me

In 1983 or '84 MTV often showed a video by a proto-neo-swing band called Roman Holliday. It spurred me to buy the album Cooking on the Roof. The album was great, but I don't remember which track was the one shown on MTV.

Speaking of the 80s, remember I'm on a Mexican Radio by Wall of Voodoo? Two weeks ago their singer Stan Ridgeway was in town performing.

It was probably http://youtube.com/watch?v=NMXYcPnySxg. I love RH!!!! :wub: :wub: :excited: :excited:

I love 80s music, esp. New Wave. And also Canadian artists (though here they are mostly from the 90s). New Wave has been pretty well covered, though I don't know that I saw any Psychedelic Furs yet.

Actually the only 80s Canadian songs I really like are from Bruce Cockburn. Here are some great ones:

The Coldest Night of the Year

Lovers in a Dangerous Time

If a Had a Rocket Launcher

Call It Democracy

Waiting for a Miracle

Donald Fagen - The New Frontier

Joe Jackson - Stepping Out

Michael Franks - Your Secret's Safe With Me

In 1983 or '84 MTV often showed a video by a proto-neo-swing band called Roman Holliday. It spurred me to buy the album Cooking on the Roof. The album was great, but I don't remember which track was the one shown on MTV.

Speaking of the 80s, remember I'm on a Mexican Radio by Wall of Voodoo? Two weeks ago their singer Stan Ridgeway was in town performing.

Was Fagen's "The New Frontier" actually a hit? Nifty. Though hardly surprising as it sounds so much like Steely Dan. The song I hear played the most from that album is "IGY." I've heard that in waiting rooms, supermarkets, bowling alleys, you name it. Somehow I still like it though.

Was Fagen's "The New Frontier" actually a hit?

Can't say that it was a hit, but I saw the video many times on MTV.

Anything by Villi Manilli. :excited:

My wife has had the pleasure of seeing them live! :excited:

Did they sound like the record?

According to my wife, the record did not skip that night. :rsmile: