Worst/Least Favorite Beatles song

Big Al

Octopus's Garden...can't remember where the apostrophe goes and can't be bothered to check.

I find 'She's Leaving Home' cloying...a bit too earnest in its attempt at social commentary. Maybe it's because it was played to us at school to make a point (we also had 'Within You, Without You' played to awaken our spirituality but I got over that)!

"Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" - the verse part is wonderfully dreamy; the chorus is awful.

Edited by Bev Stapleton

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I have played I am the Walrus more than any other song ever! Smoke Pot, smoke pot, everybody smoke pot! Or is it, Got one, got one, everybody's got one?

So, if you badmouth it, I'm gonna kick your ass! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Or not.... :w

I thought it was "hookah, hookah, everybody smokes pot..."

BTW, your avatar is "Humpty, rhymes with a Bumpty"! Oh yeah! :excited::excited::tup

I always thought it was "Oompah, oompah, stick it up your jumper.."associated with the little orange blokes from Roald Dahl's 'Willy Wonka' book.

Eric Posted: Apr 22 2004, 03:20 PM 

How about "Long, Long, Long", which is exactly that. And very dull too. 

Oh NO NO NO - that's a GREAT one to me, Eric. Spooky as shit too, love the way it's recorded, you have to kind of strain to hear much of it but then there's those great Ringo drum bits that pop through. And that ghost sound at the end. Yikes - "Revolution #9" is funny, this one is plain scary.

There's some creepy stuff on THE BEATLES..."Cry Baby Cry" has always been one of my favorites, with an Addams Family vibe, excellent tune.

Speaking of Revolution 9...in reference to the Paul Is Dead rumor, has anyone found any clues not mentioned anywhere? I credit myself with having found the first Anti-Paul Is Dead clue. The last thing you hear on Revolution 9 is a crowd chanting "Block that kick.", but if you bead your eyes, turn your head at a 46 degree angle during a full lunar eclipse; you can hear what they're actually saying which is.....

Block that kick.

No, no; only joking. It's "Paul's not dead". Try it. -_-