Jazz collectors,rare Miles Davis ephemera

Crap, I bid on it before I saw the shipping costs!!!

Whew!!! Good thing the reserve was higher than my top price -- which was $1.89, and not one penny more!!! :P

Current bid:  US $0.99 (Reserve not met

Time left:  6 days 18 hours

7-day listing

Ends May-05-04 15:33:40 PDT

Add to Calendar 

Start time: Apr-28-04 15:33:40 PDT

History: 1 bid   (US $0.99 starting bid) 

High bidder:  kc_tom (83)

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Wonder what that Pauillac 1987 bottle was? 1987 was a bad vintage year for the Bordeaux Pauillacs. Hope Miles had a pleasant evening of it.

Could that be the bottle that did him in?

Pauillacs - even from bad years - never killed anyone :P

It may even have prolonged his life :rolleyes:

His reserve is probably his buy it now.  In any event, he's asking you to take his word for it and in this day and age we would need a little more proof than that.  There's no way to test his statement so forget about it.

Brad, if there Was proof, you'd pay $2400 for a cork and nasty-looking brush? :rolleyes:

Reminds me of a caption on a display case in a Museum of WWII in Russia.

Subjects that belonged to Private Ivanov - a rusty nail with which he charged the German officer and a bullet from his skull.

Dude lived large...

His reserve is probably his buy it now.  In any event, he's asking you to take his word for it and in this day and age we would need a little more proof than that.  There's no way to test his statement so forget about it.

Brad, if there Was proof, you'd pay $2400 for a cork and nasty-looking brush? :rolleyes:

Reminds me of a caption on a display case in a Museum of WWII in Russia.

Subjects that belonged to Private Ivanov - a rusty nail with which he charged the German officer and a bullet from his skull.

Dude lived large...

Nope. Not even with proof. But if I were a collector I wouldn't even consider it without the requisite proof.

Just got this in the e-mail a few moments ago. (I had actually placed a bid, but only for $1.89. Last I checked, the bidding was only up to $6 or so.)

Dear Rooster_Ties

The following listing:

3812889267 - Miles Davis's Authentic Owned Paint Brush & Wine Cork

was removed because the intellectual property rights owner notified eBay that the listing potentially infringes its copyright, trademark or other rights.  Due to this claim, and the fact that the feedback system is no longer available, we strongly urge you not to complete this transaction.

You can get more information on eBay's cooperation with intellectual property rights owners at:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/programs-vero-ov.html

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this issue.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)

eBay Inc

FYI...