All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Good day for great tenor players and one-hit wonders who made an everlasting classic to love (Knight).
  4. Yesterday
  5. That is too funny. That was going to be the other half of my post, realizing I already own it.
  6. In fact, it was not something Chris had access to, it was a project he was working in and which, for some reason, was discontinued. This is an excerpt from an old post from Chris’ blog, back in 2010: “As anyone who has given my blog a modest going-over knows by now, Lil Hardin Armstrong and I were good friends in the last ten years of her life. We met in September of 1961, when I was in Chicago producing a series of session for Riverside Records' "Living Legends" series, a continuation of a project started in New Orleans nine months earlier. I have posted my recollections and reflections on both trips elsewhere on this blog. This time I am posting the first of three tape reels containing a very casual audio interview with Lil, done in 1968 as an initial step in our collaboration on her autobiography. As you may know, unforeseen circumstances halted that project and I have already posted a few excerpts from the manuscript here. (…)”
  7. Are you sure about that? In the United States, around 54 percent of adults aged 18 to 34 have seen one or more Marvel movies. It's the highest grossing film franchise of all time. And Guardians of the Galaxy 4? That film won't be released until Spring 2027 at the earliest. I'm not saying Pratt is a great actor, but I thinks he's pretty good in his chosen field of action-hero movies. And I like the fact that he has the means to build a home close to his family. Seacrest OUT!
  8. I just dropped the pic in the box - highlighted it - pressed the link button - and put the address in. It's too new to be in Discogs and nearly all of the online links went to either sellers or streamers, so I just linked it to the Huelgas site. Lovely new recording BTW.
  9. My odometer is regularly tested for accuracy. Last time I looked, the rule was "you break it, you own it"
  10. April 25 Rube Bloom - 1902 Johnny Griffin - 1928 Joe Henderson - 1937 Tony Visconti - 1944 Doug Clifford - 1945 Robert Knight - 1945 Steve York - 1948 (Manfred Mann Chapter III !)
  11. How do you do that, get the image to link to a webpage? Nifty!!!
  12. Not enough centuries have passed. And at some point, old shit just dies and the culture becomes about preserving the death.
  13. Willy DeVille „Miracle“ (Polydor) 1987 ….
  14. https://www.mlb.com/news/blake-snell-lands-on-15-day-injured-list This Scott Boras gamble really "pays off" ....
  15. https://robbreport.com/shelter/celebrity-homes/dave-brubeck-house-oakland-1235442182/ I believe we talked about this house @ our forum not too long ago ....
  16. Monumental protection/urban heritage conservation is alwas costly, full of restricitions and therefore often problematic .... at least @ Europe there seems to be in general a common understanding about cultural assets worth protecting .... btw @ Austria there are also private initiatives to cover the cost (collections for maintaing old churches etc) .... P.S Modern architecture (aka buildings from 1900 onwards) seem to be a own topic and also here some interesting buildings worth preserving were either demolished or "destroyed by renovation" ....
  17. McCoy Tyner “Jazz Roots” Telarc cd I’m not a big Telarc fan (especially not of their house “sound”) but this is solo piano and great performances.
  18. I picked up the LPs of Waldron/Lacy, Lateef, and Adderley Poppin' in Paris. That's what i could afford currently. I was standing next to someone at the store (Canterbury Records in Pasadena) who picked up a copy of the Nat King Cole, and another person standing there said "I worked on that; thank you for picking it up." I didn't ask more questions, but there it is. I'll get others on CD someday if I get them. Tried to play Lateef and my turntable wouldn't work, so more to deal with...
  1. Load more activity