All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I mean, hey, I am very pro-union. But I am also very much in favor of taking care of your own business and stopping blatant suckage. Because ownership is lazy and will just let things suck more and more to the point that fans will demand the robots and, you know, give the fans what they want. Now, ok, you've begun to make yourself expendable. Way to go! Where is the fucking pride? Where is the god-damned discipline? Dude, where's my car?
  3. Nielsen, Symphonies Nos. 4 and 5 Michael Schonwandt, Danish National Radio Symphony Orchestra (Dacapo)
  4. Today
  5. RIP. He was a major contributor in defining their classic sound, then got out when the getting out was good.
  6. Disc 2: Schumann Symphony #4, Beethoven Symphony #4, Leonore Overture #3.
  7. Umps like Angel have proven their incompetence over many years. But you are also talking about a union gig. There is nothing they can do to get rid of him, and nothing they can do to make him get better.
  8. Agreed! I absolutely love the photo of him with McCoy, Bobby Hutcherson and his young daughter.
  9. I get it, but... Have humans beings devolved to the point that they are unable to learn a real strike zone? Have they devolved to the point that they are unable to punish egregiously bad performance? If they have, then ok. Robo away. But otherwise, make those motherfuckers do their job right.
  10. The Good Sons Quartet - Hoppa Doppa Loppa!!!
  11. Jonah Jones And Gérard Pochonet All Stars – Jonah In Paris ... 1954
  12. The Times has now published an obituary (a pretty good one, too).
  13. Mike Pinder, the pianist of The Moody Blues, has died at 82. RIP.
  14. The Rolling Stones set to play New Orleans Jazz Fest 2024, opening Thursday (msn.com)
  15. For Reggie Jackson that's 4000 total with 2400 of them Ks. 2820 games.
  16. April 25 Guglielmo Marconi - 1874 Earl Bostic - 1913 Ella Fitzgerald - 1917 Albert King - 1923 Jerry Lieber - 1933 Bjorn Ulvaeus - 1945 Stu Cook - 1945 Digby Fairweather -1946
  17. Sheile E. "In The Glamorous Life" (Warner Bros. Records) 1984 ....
  18. Confront Recordings (UK) seem to do only B/W covers: https://confrontrecordings.bandcamp.com/music I have this one but this is a more artistic example: This Tribe (not Confront) classic (design and music) has probably appeared upthread, but I'm too lazy to check:
  19. Turns out this box has all of the Five Spot tracks.
  20. Another recent acquisition, this time not a jazz record: Albert Collins - Ice Pickin' Again, happy to own this one finally.
  1. Load more activity