Does "Hardbop" post here

Soul Stream

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the criticisms (always have, going way way back), but I always found it pretty easy to ignore what I didn't like about him. I think it's in bad taste to bash the guy here like this.

I recall his "review" of Ornette Coleman's last concert in New York--I believe he called him "Moronette." And he hadn't even been to the concert, he was just distorting the New York Times review in a negative way. So he deserves any insults he receives.

I understand the criticisms (always have, going way way back), but I always found it pretty easy to ignore what I didn't like about him.  I think it's in bad taste to bash the guy here like this.

I recall his "review" of Ornette Coleman's last concert in New York--I believe he called him "Moronette." And he hadn't even been to the concert, he was just distorting the New York Times review in a negative way. So he deserves any insults he receives.

I too shared boards with him for years (maybe longer than you). I've read those things. It's old news. I'm not defending his positions or his attitudes.

I just don't see any value (or much class) in a public gang-bashing. :tdown He's a person, not a cartoon character.

If it's just me, then so be it.

Sorry Jim, but when posters routinely make an effort to disrupt threads, call other posters names, and deliberately make a nuisance of themselves, I don't see any reason why they should not be severely criticized. Heaney is a troll, plain and simple.

I don't think he was ever a "troll", Chris. We've seen enough trolls over the years to recognize the difference. He needed attention, that's for sure, but he was sincere (if often misinformed/misguided). He was usually so focused on his own opinions and his own topics, that he actually ignored (or overlooked) much of the flaming that came his way, until he lashed back.

Anyway, like I said, I don't want to appear to be defending everything about the guy. Does he deserve some criticism? Probably, although I'm not sure it has to go on forever. Oh well, I've said what I wanted to say... and I know for damn sure I'm not going to change YOUR mind. ;)

hardbop, soulstation, aricefron.

18 year old morons who don't know shit about the music.

there are older people here who fit that description, but we'll save that for another time.

Hardbop is in his 40s, judging from his descriptions of growing up as a Red Sox fan. Soul Station, I believe is also in his 40s.

And what SS is doing in your list of so-called "morons" is totally beyond me. :tdown

What say we lay off on slamming Aric as he's been very well behaved ever since he joined this board.

I'd also suggest that we refrain from posting lists of members of this board that we dislike. (That's what PMs are for. :w )

hardbop, soulstation, aricefron.

18 year old morons who don't know shit about the music.

there are older people here who fit that description, but we'll save that for another time.

Hardbop is in his 40s, judging from his descriptions of growing up as a Red Sox fan. Soul Station, I believe is also in his 40s.

And what SS is doing in your list of so-called "morons" is totally beyond me. :tdown

Really. What Dan said.