Miles Cellar Door Update

BFS

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick,

First off, a big thumbs up for coming here an placing an explanation. That is what I call customer service. Plus, you are to be commended for your decision to honor the lower price - this is a very good decision.

Based on this, I will make an effort to try to order some items from you in the future. I admit I have never done so, although I almost took the plunge with the last Wayne Shorter record. You had the Japanese version with the extra track much cheaper than anyone else. In the end, I decided not to get it so as not to cave in to Verve's ridiculous policy of leaving out tunes on the U.S. editions.

Which is a good transition to my next point...

I find it flabbergasting that Sony changed the list price. Also, if you look at other threads, there were heated discussions about their ridiculous policy of making the last batch of CDs copy-protected. These do not load into iTunes on a PC, making them useless to me.

Million-dollar question: did you get any indication from Sony as to whether the Cellar Door set will be copy-protected? This is a main sticking point in my decision as to whether to order it or not.

Thanks,

Bertrand.

Edited by bertrand

Damn... just clicked on that link and it lists it at $77.

Anyway, we can no longer offer that price, however for the board members here only we can offer a discount to $69.99 (and you can choose the free UPS in the 48 lower).

If you decide to take us up on it, please put "Organissimo Special" in the comments section of the order and we will change when the order is processed (it will not show up when the order is placed).

THANKS

Rick

Red Trumpet

Done!

Thanks

Big props to Rick at RT.  But though I'm not about to cancel my CDU order, I have to say that I wouldn't blame any retailer for canceling an order based on a price increase instituted by Sony.  Hardly seems fair to them.

I agree not to cancel an order with CDU....

Price? Things are a bit "different" since the BMG merge.... I look at things long-term....reneging on a deal does not bode well for a long-term relationship with our customers...even if they are paying less than me personally (~:

CCCD.... No mention but.. I have been seeing a lot more product coming out with it both here and Japan...I'll stay away from my personal comments but it sorta sounds like the old "recordable cassette tapes will ruin the industry" argument of the 1970's.

THANKS

Rick

I'm not cancelling my CD universe order, but because Red Trumpet Rick displayed such excellent customer service, I'm definitely going to order something from him soon. Classy thing to do, Rick!

Rick's a "cool" guy.

FWIW, I've ordered a fair amount from RT in the past with excellent service.

I'm afraid I too will stick with my CDU preorder, but I'll certainly continue to order when appropriate from RT.

More plaudits for Red Trumpet. Great, prompt service, no b.s. if you have any questions, and without a doubt the most amazing packing I've ever seen.

Hey all.. Just a quick note that I GREATLY appreciate all the positive responses... but I have to be honest... I just received the below from a customer that just blew me away:

>>Hello, this was an order for the SWEET Japanese Mini Album CD’s that have been postponed. I would like to CANCEL the order as I am planning on donating the money to Hurricane relief. I will reorder once these finally come in. <<<

Humbling experiences with folks like this and you is the main reason why I love what I do... pure class!!!

Thanks!

Rick

• 3 weeks later...

I hope I don't have to cancel my order because I was able to get the low "mistake" price.

I have it on the same order ("ship together") as the new Monk/Trane, so this will probably be hung up as well. Shit!

Anyone know what's going on? I checked other sites and saw the 9/27 ship date was still there. It's been reviewed a lot already, so copies have apparently been circulating.