What are you buying *YOURSELF* for x-mas?

Guest Chaney

What are you buying *YOURSELF* for x-mas?

As I'll soon be getting paid for some unused bonus days, I decided to buy myself a gift.

Having loved my Capresso MT500 coffee maker these past two years, I just splurged and bought a second machine, this one for my office. Oh, and it's the MT500 Plus! (The 'plus' being the "...brushed metal filter holder.")

Anyone else planning on getting just a little bit extravagant on their own behalf this holiday season?

Unselfish persons need not respond. ^_^

Edited by Chaney

I don't know if this counts, but I just bought myself a membership top the gym.

I'm also going to sign up for language classes to begin after the first of the year. In Arizona I didn't have much opportunity to speak Italian and I never realized how poor my skills had become until I moved back to New York.

Jack squat. My wife and I agreed to not buy each other anything this Christmas because money is just too tight.

So you agreed not to buy HER anything. You could still get YOURSELF something right? ;)

My wife recently bought some photos of our youngest that were a bit more expensive than expected. (I'm ashamed to even give the amount) She has stated that this will be her Christmas present. I have been married 7+ years and know darn well I'll be in a load of trouble if I don't get her a gift! But beyond that I would miss out on giving her something special. I've got a couple things so far she's really going to like. (After 7+ years I'm starting to figure her out.)

All that said, Jim, you gotta get her SOMETHING. Even if it isn't much or you make it yourself (You could write her a song.) It really is the thought that counts and in this difficult time it will mean that much more to her. Remember The Gift of the Magi?

My wife and I limited ourselves to a very small budget, and it worked, we still have some nice little things for each other. The packages are already piled up where the tree will stand ....

I will grant me some of the budget Savoy CDs and Concord SACDs for the money my ebay sales brought up. :)

Jack squat. My wife and I agreed to not buy each other anything this Christmas because money is just too tight.

So you agreed not to buy HER anything. You could still get YOURSELF something right? ;)

My wife recently bought some photos of our youngest that were a bit more expensive than expected. (I'm ashamed to even give the amount) She has stated that this will be her Christmas present. I have been married 7+ years and know darn well I'll be in a load of trouble if I don't get her a gift! But beyond that I would miss out on giving her something special. I've got a couple things so far she's really going to like. (After 7+ years I'm starting to figure her out.)

All that said, Jim, you gotta get her SOMETHING. Even if it isn't much or you make it yourself (You could write her a song.) It really is the thought that counts and in this difficult time it will mean that much more to her. Remember The Gift of the Magi?

Write her a song?!?! Man, that's too hard.

;)

Sounds like we should all pitch in on something for Jim Alfredson.

Excellent idea!

He puts up with us fer chrissakes!

Nah, don't worry about it. I've got everything I could ask for. A beautiful wife and child, a roof over my head, a great job...

That said, if you'd like to donate $5 to the server costs this month, that would be great. :P

Definitely NOT recorded music. Too damn much of that (despite having bought only three recordings in '05 - including the latest from Organissimo). What I need is time. I'm trying to think of a way to buy a day off. Let's see, I'll not work one day, and not spend the money I didn't earn. That works, right?