Ebay craziness

• 2 weeks later...

The Larry Young devaluation continues: $200

Looks like prices for the Andrew Hill set are coming down, too: $193. A second Hill set sold for $255 a few days later, so maybe somebody just got lucky to score it for less than $200.

Regardless of price, great music! :cool:

I wonder if the price drop has anything to do with the recent re-releases of Judgment and Andrew? Or maybe not, as I recall seeing the Grant Green Mosaic selling for huge amounts of $, and I was under the impression that most (if not all) of the material on that set was easily available.

The Larry Young devaluation continues: $200

Looks like prices for the Andrew Hill set are coming down, too: $193. A second Hill set sold for $255 a few days later, so maybe somebody just got lucky to score it for less than $200.

Regardless of price, great music! :cool:

I wonder if the price drop has anything to do with the recent re-releases of Judgment and Andrew? Or maybe not, as I recall seeing the Grant Green Mosaic selling for huge amounts of $, and I was under the impression that most (if not all) of the material on that set was easily available.

I saw that Andrew Hill, too. Must be a lull in Mosaic OOP value.

A Byrd/Adams just sold for LESS than retail and so did an Anita O'Day, recently.

ok...not a box set, but I'm just starting to look for the two News For Lulu discs.  Is this a representative price that this is going for??  :huh:

News For Lulu

I finally got myself a copy of this (less than a year ago) for 7.70 euros. Though I'd say I got mine for a very good price, $85 seems to me to be very high. In general, I'd be willing to pay up to $30 for oop Hat's I'm really interested in - this, as the going price for Hat's in brick-and-mortars here is 23 euros ($27).

I got an email from Hat Hut three years ago saying that News for Lulu and More News For Lulu were hopefully going to be released within the year. Of course, now it is about two years late. Still wouldn't pay $80 dollars for one (or both) of them.

Still have a copy of the email:

>Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 14:41:14 +0100

>These two recordings will come back as a two CD-set

>hopefully this year.

>Our website will give the advance information about and

>others too.

>

>Best regards,

>--

>Werner X. Uehlinger

It seems to me that prices of Mosaic sets have gone done significantly in the past two months. Even sets such as the Larry Young, Mc Lean, Art Blakey, Andrew Hill, Shorty Rogers, Phil Woods, Maynard Ferguson etc are selling for much less than they used to a few months ago! Any idea why?

Edited by ASNL77

It seems to me that prices of Mosaic sets have gone done significantly in the past two months. Even sets such as the Larry Young, Mc Lean, Art Blakey, Andrew Hill, Shorty Rogers, Phil Woods, Maynard Ferguson etc are selling for much less than they used to a few months ago! Any idea why?

Well, when the price goes up there are more sellers trying to sell ... Since the most eager buyers have already bought the sets at higher prices, the latecomers are entering the market filled with savvy bargain shoppers.

Price on Mosaic sets has been steady for several years ... $30-$40 per disc for OOP sets; $15-20 off retail for in-print sets. If the current price is down a bit, it'll pick up soon enough.

I've been wondering about that myself. Couldn't figure out if it was because a lot of that music has been released since they went OOP, or what.