New Mosaic Singles Series!

Ron S

There are loads of killer Soul Jazz albums that haven't come out on CD. However, there's no point in inviting Mosaic to issue them; they wouldn't touch them with a very long bargepole. Water seems an outfit that is much more in touch with my taste. But they never include bonus tracks which, I have to admit, is a point in Mosaic's favour.

MG

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still can't shake this bad feeling of inevitability that this means... (Sacrilegious statement...) the beginning of the end of the box set.... It's nothing more than my sense of impending doom....

I'll buy the Singles... but I'm just can't shake that feeling.... :mellow::mellow::mellow::unsure::unsure::o:o

Taking a couple of these should help that:

prozac.jpg

Yeah... and now youre going to tell me there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq....(Sorry I couldn't resist... :P:P ) But I don't think I'm completely crazy....

it DOES seem that by doing this.... they are going AGAINST/EXPANDING (choose your own term) their original focus..... :unsure:

Geez, the sun came up this morning and it was cloudy. I hope that doesn't mean a storm will follow and natural disasters after that and then the end of the friggin' world! :cool:

Get a grip boys and girls.

please, everybody take a deep breath and relax. i talked with michael cuscuna when i was in new york two weeks ago. he told me that the idea for the single reissue series came out of a meeting he had some time ago with executives from some of the big labels. these suits were complaining about the poor sales of their jazz reissues, which could cast some doubt as to the future of some reissue campaigns. so, michael figured that as one door might be closing for the big guys, another door could be opening for mosaic. that's the extent of it as far as i was told.

probably 10-12 (Stitt, Blakey, Morgan, Columbia Swing, Elvin, Parlan, Anita, Sarah Vaughn, Dinah W., Farlow, Johnny Smith, Wilson, McLean... and a few more... ) AND????

I still can't shake this bad feeling of inevitability that this means... (Sacrilegious statement...) the beginning of the end of the box set.... It's nothing more than my sense of impending doom....

I'll buy the Singles... but I'm just can't shake that feeling.... :mellow::mellow::mellow::unsure::unsure::o:o

So how many 5-10 cd sets have you purchased?

Geez, the sun came up this morning and it was cloudy. I hope that doesn't mean a storm will follow and natural disasters after that and then the end of the friggin' world! :cool:

Get a grip boys and girls.

Quite.

please, everybody take a deep breath and relax.

Uh, guys? There's only been one Chicken Little in this thread, and I already gave him a prescription to help with that (which of course, jazzshrink, you're free to modify as the more qualified professional). :rolleyes:

Just to toss in another good opinion on the Bud Freeman date. I have a clean copy of the lp and also the europeon cd Lon mentions. but I don't have the additional 4 tunes. I'll be getting this for sure.

I'd like to see the Dot and Grand Award stuff Chuck mentions get reissued also. It's good stuff and should be in print.