10% Off On Selected Mosaic Box Sets

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Venuti & Lang is another I'm curious about. I doubt I have 45 minutes of music from them and I like what I have. Big jump into the deep end of the pool from that to the Mosaic. Appreciate your thoughts as you start to explore it.

I'm also interested in the Lang/Venuti , I'm considering it of the Bix/Teagarden set. I dont have much from either set. I'm inclining to the Lang/Venuti as Bix is always likely to get his due in terms on releases but Lang is much less heralded.

On the other hand I suspect the peaks of the Bix set may well eclipse the best of the Lang/Venuti. The filler material (of pop material and blues on the Lang/Venuti might be more interestin than the equivalent filler on the Bix set. What say you,any thoughts?

Got my Donaldson/Turrentine/Tolliver combo today. That and Lou's "Hot Dog" (with that cover art for the ages!), both Organissimo albums and Tony Grey's "... moving". As much as I had been looking forward to all that stuff it's the Tony Grey CD that has been stuck in my CD player all day so far. What an amazing hour of music from such a young talent (it's his solo debut!).

According the to Mosaic website, the Stitt is now back ordered and will be shipped in 2-3 weeks. Guess Mosaic met their goal of freeing up some shelf space (at least as far as the Stitt is concerned).

Well, I wasn't going to order mine until the very end of the month.

MG

The Stitt's a great set - in small doses :tup

According the to Mosaic website, the Stitt is now back ordered and will be shipped in 2-3 weeks. Guess Mosaic met their goal of freeing up some shelf space (at least as far as the Stitt is concerned).

Well, I wasn't going to order mine until the very end of the month.

MG

Me too. I imagine Mosaic will be having a busy day on August 31. I may buy the Pass, as well.

According to the Mosaic website, the Stitt is now back ordered and will be shipped in 2-3 weeks. Guess Mosaic met their goal of freeing up some shelf space (at least as far as the Stitt is concerned).

I think I'm going to take this as a sign. I'm going to be on vacation during that time, so I think I'll get the Venuti/Lang instead to go with the Bix/Tram/Tea. Even "limiting" myself to 2 made it a tough decision, but I think a big chunk of 20s & 30s music ought to be a blast!

Stitt joins the ever growing future purchase list instead.

I wondered about the use of footy, as well. I've nevber heard that term used outside of Australia.

Has anyone? Be it grid iron, rugby league, rugby union, Australian rules, soccer (the "real" football ... :P ), Gaelic football.

I know a fellow from Scotland who calls football (aka soccer) "footy."

I wondered about the use of footy, as well. I've nevber heard that term used outside of Australia.

Has anyone? Be it grid iron, rugby league, rugby union, Australian rules, soccer (the "real" football ... :P ), Gaelic football.

I know a fellow from Scotland who calls football (aka soccer) "footy."

On a football (soccer) forum based in Canada that i used to go on a regular basis the term was used a few times, i guess i picked it up from there. Don't remember if the posters using the expression were living in Australia or former Aussies.

The Mosaic sale is working so well that they seem to have removed the offer from their website. The 'August sale' has disappeared....

I have just ordered the Bitches brew and the Jope Pass sets.

Does that mean that those of us who were toying with our scruples have had it?

MG

The Mosaic sale is working so well that they seem to have removed the offer from their website. The 'August sale' has disappeared....

MG

If you're thinking of acquiring the Sonny Stitt, here is a note which has been added to the Mosaic website:

The set is currently on backorder and will ship in 2- 3 weeks. The August promotion will be applied to all orders for this set and will not be dependent on shipment date.

MG

If you're thinking of acquiring the Sonny Stitt, here is a note which has been added to the Mosaic website:

The set is currently on backorder and will ship in 2- 3 weeks. The August promotion will be applied to all orders for this set and will not be dependent on shipment date.

Thanks very much Brownie. A late despatch suits me, as I have somewhat more than enough newies at present.

MG