GREEN ACID- LET'S GET IT RELEASED

pasta

On paper, it looks cool, and of course the title is a classic.

However, as with a lot of these special-interest sets, even if GG is a fairly popular BN artist, I can't see it being much of a unit-shifter, as it were.

BN has ceased relevance in the states, even to a degree as a reissue label, so I wouldn't hold my breath. If someone else were to license the material, now, that is another story.

1st off how can i see all the posts @ once in a thread-- this new organissimo format is nuts-- i have to click on each post individually

okok ok this session is not *******REISSUE PRIORITY #1************

REISSUE PRIORITY NUMBER ONE (1)

WE MUST CONTACT CUSCUSNA IMMIDIEATELY ABOUT THIS ITEM

NO MORE BULLSHIT ABOUT THE TYRONE TRAINWREAK

ITS DUE TIME FOR A DEFINETE ANSWER ON THIS ONE

REISSUE PRIORITY NUMBER ONE (1)

WE MUST CONTACT CUSCUSNA IMMIDIEATELY ABOUT THIS ITEM

NO MORE BULLSHIT ABOUT THE TYRONE TRAINWREAK

ITS DUE TIME FOR A DEFINETE ANSWER ON THIS ONE

Jumping jihadis, comrades, is this some kind of a ransom note??? Has this lad made off with Mr. Cuscuna???

On another note, I must report that my young nephew once told me to never, ever take the "green acid." Can somebody explain to me what the dickens he meant???

1st off how can i see all the posts @ once in a thread-- this new organissimo format is nuts-- i have to click on each post individually

Aric,

At the top left of the thread you should see "Options" right below "New Topic." Drop down the menu and select "Standard" from "Display Modes". . . . Problem will be solved.

Edited by jazzbo

HWAT WHAT WHAT WHAWTAWHAWAWHAWHAWATHWAT WHATGW HWA HWAT

*****THAT****** WAS HIS RESPONSE?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

Question- True or False--- is what IS in possession of the BN archive today in 2007 all acounted for and labled etc...or is it IN the archive, just MC doesnt know it yet...dig?

its lost?!?? its LOST?!?!?!?!!

!??!?!? AGRGRGGRGH

That's what happened to the "Live at Club Mozambique" set. Houston Person told my mate, in 1980, that the tapes were lost. "Lost" just means they've done what my wife is always doing with important things like her innoculation record - put in a "logical" safe place that she can't recall.

MG

You have to remember that the archives of jazz labels like Verve, Blue Note or Riverside changed hands several times and could be mislabeled, hidden on the inner part of reels marked something else, or indeed lost, after numerous individuals handled them over the decades. Of course, it may just be that everyone who has heard this session doesn't think it is worth releasing.

I wouldn't get my hopes up, as the conglomerates that now own landmark jazz labels seem to be content reissuing previously available titles in new packages rather than spend money and time looking for unissued treasures in their vaults.

• 6 months later...

Seems to me if anything, this is something that the Dusty Groove reissue label would be interested in - but only if the tapes turn up.

And as far as mislabeling and other problems - didn't MC encounter an extraordinary amount of that when he got access to the vaults in the 70s? I seem to recall a lot of things he found/put out weren't very well clearly marked. Of course, at this point that number of tapes that haven't been ID'd has to be pretty small. I wouldn't hold my breath that this thing will show up anytime soon.

That's what happened to the "Live at Club Mozambique" set. Houston Person told my mate, in 1980, that the tapes were lost. "Lost" just means they've done what my wife is always doing with important things like her innoculation record - put in a "logical" safe place that she can't recall.

MG

should be a job for a music student?

• 3 weeks later...

MG

Actually MG, do you think your wife might be able to locate the Green Acid tapes for us?

Nobody else seems to be having any luck.

MG

Actually MG, do you think your wife might be able to locate the Green Acid tapes for us?

Nobody else seems to be having any luck.

Ha ha. If she did, she'd burn them.

MG