Mosaics that will NEVER be issued

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now THAT would be a great unissued Mosaic - All those Sonny Lester "How to strip for your husband" or whatever albums.

It would be. It's sad that a bunch of squares have accidentally been given the final word on which "jazz" albums are worthy of being reissued.

That is why I buy used vinyl. I don't want to buy into the narrow tastes of a bunch of overweight guys who live in their parents' basements.

Now THAT would be a great unissued Mosaic - All those Sonny Lester "How to strip for your husband" or whatever albums.

It would be. It's sad that a bunch of squares have accidentally been given the final word on which "jazz" albums are worthy of being reissued.

That is why I buy used vinyl. I don't want to buy into the narrow tastes of a bunch of overweight guys who live in their parents' basements.

I don't think MC is square, but he IS a purist. And you're not. And I'm not. And many of us aren't, I think.

But that was and remains the Mosiac business plan, and maybe it's the only workable business plan that was, and remains (?), possible for such a company. But that's all it is; a business, not something to be revered.

Hence this thread.

MG

I don't want to buy into the narrow tastes of a bunch of overweight guys who live in their parents' basements.

That's the problem with kids today. Back in my day overweight guys who lived in their parents' basements had the decency to stick to comic books or science fiction. Gosh darn punks...

I don't think MC is square, but he IS a purist. And you're not. And I'm not. And many of us aren't, I think.

But that was and remains the Mosiac business plan, and maybe it's the only workable business plan that was, and remains (?), possible for such a company. But that's all it is; a business, not something to be revered.

Hence this thread.

MG

Fair enough. Posted after drinking wine and watching "That Mitchell and Webb Look."

After the Four Freshmen set, I'm not betting against anything...

Oh, I forgot about that!

Complete Kingston Trio on Capitol!

Complete Lou Rawls on Capitol (actually, I think I might like that one).

Complete George Shearing Capitol albums with slightly lubricious sleeves (nice booklet with pull-out centrefold!)

MG