Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wolff

Source for new Japanese jazz vinyl??

21 posts in this topic

It's been said many times before, but it bears repeating: Hiroshi is the man. Great inventory, super-friendly, and lightning-fast shipping. Highly recommended.

Hiroshi's quality and service for Japanese vinyl is always second-to-none. The pressings are invariably pristine. Strongly recommended !

Oh. My. God. He takes PayPal?? :excited::unsure::ph34r:

Prepare yourself for some serious monetary damage ..... :g

It's been said many times before, but it bears repeating: Hiroshi is the man. Great inventory, super-friendly, and lightning-fast shipping. Highly recommended.

Whith an outspoken intention of being repetitious, I want to second all of the above... :)

After  this source is closed for some years is there another suggestion?

Thanks

Lately I bought few records from discogs japanese sellers, usually they are fine, no bad suprise.

CD Japan has some new vinyl listed every now and then. How much new Japanese vinyl is being released anyway?

I usually buy three or four used records from the same seller in order to reduce shipping cost per record.

There’s always the option of hopping onto a plane to Tokyo with a couple of suitcases and high-tailing it to Disk Union..

Shipping myself to Tokyo is way much more expensive then the opposite.

Not for new jazz vinyl. I do know a couple of great Japanese Discogs sellers. 

25 minutes ago, Pim said:

Not for new jazz vinyl. I do know a couple of great Japanese Discogs sellers. 

I have had only one negative experience with a Japanese seller. Sometimes their English is not so great, but their intention to communicate sincerely is not in doubt. Only one time did a seller refuse to reply to any of my communications and force me into a PayPal dispute.

Had one bad experience too. But with most Japanese sellers it is a pleasure doing business indeed. Gave my only negative feedback I have ever given on Discogs. Waited for 6 weeks to tell me half of my order was not available. Most of the time you can see it at the feedback rates. Exception for me is madpierrot who also gets a lot of negative feedback. Indeed he does not communicate and shipping can take up to two weeks without any notice. But he really underrates the condition of his items for a very good price. And after all: that is the most important.

Ella Records is my favorite by the way. By far!

Edited by Pim

59 minutes ago, Pim said:

Had one bad experience too. But with most Japanese sellers it is a pleasure doing business indeed. Gave my only negative feedback I have ever given on Discogs. Waited for 6 weeks to tell me half of my order was not available. Most of the time you can see it at the feedback rates. Exception for me is madpierrot who also gets a lot of negative feedback. Indeed he does not communicate and shipping can take up to two weeks without any notice. But he really underrates the condition of his items for a very good price. And after all: that is the most important.

Ella Records is my favorite by the way. By far!

My choice too, Ella and Mad.

Good experiences with Ella for me too. I'm not sure I have bought from madpierrot but do recognise the name.

I do find buying Japanese used vinyl a bit of a lottery though. I've had a number of examples of visually perfect LPs having significant background noise. I wonder whether it has something to do with the humidity which can also play havoc with the covers.