Hoops 2008-2009

Uconn - 6.5 vs Purdue

Pitts - 6.5 vs Xavier

Memphis - 4.5 vs Missouri

Villanova + 2.5 vs Duke

Villanova - Duke and Gonzaga - N.C will be the ones to watch.

Im thinking Duke goes down tonight.

It was great to watch Duke go down in flames last night -- God, do I ever hate Duke!

Ranking of teams I hate:

1. Notre Dame

2. New York Yankees

3. Duke & North Carolina

4. Dallas Cowboys

5. Boston Celtics

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Billy Gillispie could be gone from the Kentucky job possibly as soon as today.

He went from beloved at Texas A&M to traitor overnight, when he left to take the Kentucky job. I think he could have coached the rest of his life at A&M if he'd wanted to, and defined the program there.

I've heard rumblings that he could end up coaching back in the Big 12 somewhere, possibly Texas Tech.

Looks like Billy Gillispie could be gone from the Kentucky job possibly as soon as today.

He went from beloved at Texas A&M to traitor overnight, when he left to take the Kentucky job. I think he could have coached the rest of his life at A&M if he'd wanted to, and defined the program there.

I've heard rumblings that he could end up coaching back in the Big 12 somewhere, possibly Texas Tech.

BG, gone, like the wind....

The top three were easily some of the greatest dunks ever. Who did he point at on number one? Was that Danny Manning? I'm surprised whoever it was didn't get up and want to fight. It was so weird when Kemp got fat and out of shape.

The top three were easily some of the greatest dunks ever. Who did he point at on number one? Was that Danny Manning? I'm surprised whoever it was didn't get up and want to fight. It was so weird when Kemp got fat and out of shape.

Ha! Bird got posterized on two of those...

PS: It looks like Alton Lister of the Warriors that Kemp flattens...

Edited by Matthew

Kentucky should bring Tubby back.

Having a hard time getting into the game here. I'm guessing it will be more of the same in the 2nd half.

In NBA news, Manu Ginobili is out for the remainder of the season with a foot injury. Whatever chance the Spurs had of making it to the NBA Finals is pretty much gone, I think. Duncan's battling injuries and resting games already, leaving only Parker of the "big 3" to really lead them. Without Manu and a not full-strength Duncan, they'll be lucky to get past the first round, I think.

Having a hard time getting into the game here. I'm guessing it will be more of the same in the 2nd half.

Highest halftime point total and lead ever in an NCAA title game?

Well, if MSU comes back to win, it'll be the game of a lifetime...OTOH maybe I should turn off the TV and go spin that Woody Shaw disc again. :crazy:

In NBA news, Manu Ginobili is out for the remainder of the season with a foot injury. Whatever chance the Spurs had of making it to the NBA Finals is pretty much gone, I think. Duncan's battling injuries and resting games already, leaving only Parker of the "big 3" to really lead them. Without Manu and a not full-strength Duncan, they'll be lucky to get past the first round, I think.

Ouch! That pretty much kills the Spurs chances this year. The Spurs really looked slow against the Cav's Sunday, just out classed, couldn't stay with them if their lives depended on it. Win the first round of the play-offs, out the second round.