EKE BBB

Archie Shepp

234 posts in this topic

Just now, mjazzg said:

Yes, the Pharoah. I hope you're enjoying it...

I confirm I am. (Sorry). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rabshakeh said:

I confirm I am. (Sorry). 

Good, a good and appreciative home.  I'll continue to enjoy on Spotify and congratulate myself for resisting (whilst secretly weeping)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Recorded live on March, 23rd 1974, Grand Auditorium Studio 104 - Maison de la Radio. Excerpts from the full performance."

Indeed.

If you check the Archie Shepp Unissued Live Recordings site for 1974 you will see ten tracks for the March 23, 1974 concert totaling just under 2 1/2 hours.  The new issue contains three tracks and the issued version of "Things Have Got to Change" (24:29) is significantly shorter than either versions listed on the site (40:55 and 33:38).

Quite apart from any vinyl vs. digital issues, this doesn't seem right to me.

Just sayin...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for noticing. I really hate these half sessions. I'll pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See the Live shows thread for info about a Zoom meeting at 3PM EST today featuring an unissued Archie Shepp duo gig with Charli Persip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2021 at 5:38 PM, erhodes said:

"Recorded live on March, 23rd 1974, Grand Auditorium Studio 104 - Maison de la Radio. Excerpts from the full performance."

Indeed.

If you check the Archie Shepp Unissued Live Recordings site for 1974 you will see ten tracks for the March 23, 1974 concert totaling just under 2 1/2 hours.  The new issue contains three tracks and the issued version of "Things Have Got to Change" (24:29) is significantly shorter than either versions listed on the site (40:55 and 33:38).

Quite apart from any vinyl vs. digital issues, this doesn't seem right to me.

Just sayin...

was the full session ever released? Would love to hear this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, clifford_thornton said:

was the full session ever released? Would love to hear this.

I don't believe it was.  Most of what is on that site has not been released and is not even on the "circuit".  But the discographical details vs. this commercial release are clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, haven't seen it on any of the share blogs. Hopefully someone has it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2021 at 6:31 PM, mjazzg said:

Good, a good and appreciative home.  I'll continue to enjoy on Spotify and congratulate myself for resisting (whilst secretly weeping)

Dry your tears, the Pharoah is available again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.