Casey Anthony Not Guilty Verdict

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But apparently you can get an acquittal even after telling wild stories in the opening statement and introducing not a single shred of evidence to back any of it up. Since when does a jury not punish a defense when it makes wild accusations and then doesn't provide any evidence? That's what I can't get - the defense theory of the case was ludicrous on its face and unsupported by any evidence whatsoever.

Guy, not to derail the thread, and maybe you already know this, but it is my understanding that that 9% figure means that 9% are collecting unemployment. Last week I read a reference to a website called shadowfacts.com (or something like that) that estimated that the actual unemployment rate is about 25%!!!!!

Yeah but it wasn't for Casey Anthony, we wouldn't have people like Nancy Grace. Hmmm.

BTW, with respect to the trial and the jury's decision, I don't know and I don't care. I do my best to steer clear of the People Magazine mentality. This country is so upside down when it comes to what's really important, it can only be called a tragedy.

The best article on Nancy Grace I've read...from Stephen King no less! It's called Graceless & Tasteless.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,1540592,00.html

a sample:

Nancy Grace — puffy-cheeked, helmet-haired, heavy-lidded, strangely expressionless even during her frequent rages — conveys by body language alone the idea that we're all guilty of something...and she knows it. Her specialty is the sorts of tabloid crimes The National Enquirer used to cover in the bad old days, when car-crash photos and Mexican decapitations were staples. George Pelecanos, James Ellroy, and Michael Connelly are able to elevate such horrors to art; Nancy Grace degrades them so deeply into the fleapit of the imagination that a week of her makes Dick Cheney highlight reels look good. And like Puritan elders, Wild West hanging judges, or Madame Defarge knitting in the shadow of the guillotine, Nancy Grace gives the sense that somehow, someway, she just knows whodunit.

Yeah but it wasn't for Casey Anthony, we wouldn't have people like Nancy Grace. Hmmm.

That's my whole point. She exploits missing/murdered children, all of whom are blond females, incidentally, for entertainment value, to say nothing of convicting the accused before cases even go to trial.

That's why it'll be so damned entertaining to see her fail at her own game.

Never heard of this case or her before this verdict announcement. Really, who has time to follow every little over-sensationalized crime story - those are the things used to distract people from real issues.

If you watch any of the national news programs or channels, it's been difficult to avoid this case over the past 3 yrs.

This one has been *the* case that's been talked about for a while now, maybe more so than the Barry Bonds trial.

Sadly my wife enjoys watching Nancy Grace, as well as Court TV. The closest I've ever had to a real argument with her is trying to get her to turn it off, but she's fascinated by the fake drama of it all. I guess not bothering her anymore about her viewing habits is the price I pay for her not bugging me over my CD collection ;) (though she is certainly glad I am selling off most of it). I do find it unusual that the jury would find in favor of defendent when the defense was playing so fast and loose with the truth (and had some of the worst forensic experts I've ever seen), but so be it.