NFL 2012

And don't forget what Manning was able to do with a Colts team that was exposed as being pretty bad without him. Worst in the league, in fact.

Good point. But as for comparing Tebow to Bradford, Bradford isn't a 'project quarterback' like Tebow. Sure, he needs some experience, same as any new quarterback, but he doesn't need his arm retrained the way Tebow does. Besides, Tebow is only 8-6 in the NFL; you'd think someone with god on their side could do a bit better than that... ;)

Edited by Jazzmoose

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And don't forget what Manning was able to do with a Colts team that was exposed as being pretty bad without him. Worst in the league, in fact.

Good point. But as for comparing Tebow to Bradford, Bradford isn't a 'project quarterback' like Tebow. Sure, he needs some experience, same as any new quarterback, but he doesn't need his arm retrained the way Tebow does. Besides, Tebow is only 8-6 in the NFL; you'd think someone with god on their side could do a bit better than that... ;)

Guess God's busy with other stuff on Sundays?

As for the conventional wisdom on Tebow's throwing form, I guess. That's what the experts say.

johnny-unitas.jpg

No, I'm not seriously making a comparison. Just "throwing" it out there. BTW, I googled images for Tebow. Have you guys seen the woman who is supposed to be his girlfriend. :excited: If this guy actually is celibate, his throwing motion is far from his biggest issue.

:blink:

I have high hopes for the Raiders in the coming season, with a healthy McFadden running the ball and Palmer having plenty of practice to get his timing with the receivers. I wasn't happy to see Michael Bush go to the Bears, he was a horse for Oakland last year. The departure of Boss also means they need to find a TE, and his brief stay brings back the sting of losing Miller to free agency. The team has been working to upgrade at DB and LB, which will make a world of difference.

I have high hopes for the Raiders in the coming season, with a healthy McFadden running the ball and Palmer having plenty of practice to get his timing with the receivers. I wasn't happy to see Michael Bush go to the Bears, he was a horse for Oakland last year. The departure of Boss also means they need to find a TE, and his brief stay brings back the sting of losing Miller to free agency. The team has been working to upgrade at DB and LB, which will make a world of difference.

I was surprised at the Boss move, too. Don't they still owe him for three more years? TBH, I was pulling for them to make the play-offs last year, but those last few games just blew it for them.

Give Palmer some big targets and the Raiders will be fine, IMHO.

• 3 weeks later...

Pleased with my Eagles trading up a few spots to ensure that they could take Fletcher Cox. The guy will be a perfect middle clogger in the wide 9 defense. My first choice would have been Luke Kuchely, the linebacker from Boston College, but he was long gone by the time the Eagles selected Cox.

Was kind of hoping in the back of my mind that the Eagles would take LaMichael James from UO. He ended up going to the Niners on the next pick. Overall, this looks like a strong defensive draft for my boys. Two good D-linemen and an LB from California with a motor that will not stop running. The most interesting pick was Nick Foles, the quarterback from Arizona. Pretty much sends a message to current backup MIke Kafka that he's not in their plans. I watched Foles play a few times over the last couple of seasons and I thought he was an above average QB. Good enough to make noise in the NFL? 70/30 no. Only time will tell.

The Giants did their part to assist the Colts rebuilding plans by skipping over the TE Fleener in the first round. In the Super Bowl the Giants lost TWO TEs to torn ACLs, so I'm figuring they'll take Fleener, who seems to be the consensus pick as best TE in the draft. But Nooooooo, they take a running back, and a few picks later the Colts get Fleener, so now Luck has a good friend and teammate to throw to that he's played with at Stanford.

At the same time I can't be really critical of the Giants GM Reese, as I roundly criticized him last offseason for not signing a few players who had wound up having lousy years and then the Giants win the Super Bowl.

At the same time I can't be really critical of the Giants GM Reese, as I roundly criticized him last offseason for not signing a few players who had wound up having lousy years and then the Giants win the Super Bowl.

...with a little help from the Niners' Kyle Williams and his three fumbles.

Just sayin'.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Somewhat overshadowed by the Seau news: Player bounty-gate suspensions out. Vilma to sit out whole 2012 season.

NFL doesn't look all that healthy to me these days.

I wonder how the player's union will react - do they support the players who have been suspended and appeal, or do they support the players who were the attempted "victims" and support the suspensions? They're sort of in a Catch 22 situation.

The article doesn't go into specifics on how he'll be used on special teams, but it seems crazy to be paying a guy that kind of money to get beat up playing on special teams. Maybe they have plans to use him in ways that I haven't imagined.

• 2 weeks later...