Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

61-LBjoyv-L.jpg

An interesting compilation which collects tracks beginning with his days with the George Shearing Quintet (1953) all the way up to a 1991 collaboration with the Shirley Horn Trio.  It is valuable in that it gathers tracks from a number of different labels that were then owned by "Verve Records, a division of Polygram Classics and Jazz, a division of Polygram Records" and it has some tracks from albums which often were not easy to find in the USA.

8 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Listening on headphones. We lost one of my sister-in-law to a final, fatal heart attack very early this morning. My wife is finally back to sleep for a few hours. This seemed comforting to me to play.

Keith_Jarrett_Koln_Concert_Cover.jpg

So sorry to hear of your loss, Lon. Jarrett's Koln Concert is a lovely performance.

gregmo

1 hour ago, gmonahan said:

So sorry to hear of your loss, Lon. Jarrett's Koln Concert is a lovely performance.

gregmo

Thanks Greg. Had the unfortunate task of telling her Mom before dawn, and have spent the morning with family. She was a vivacious and loving woman taken too soon.