JSngry

So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

29,533 posts in this topic

R-2447887-1284578870.jpeg.jpg

Ordered after this was mentioned in the Anthony Cox thread, the mailman brought it this morning. Really an excellent album, These tracks are all little works of art best appreciated one by one.

I regret I never had the opporrtunity to see Lacy perform - he was such a unique, free spirit, and one of the people who represent to me what the essence of jazz really is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, mikeweil said:

I regret I never had the opporrtunity to see Lacy perform - he was such a unique, free spirit, and one of the people who represent to me what the essence of jazz really is.

Amen ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.jpg

One of the best albums of the previous decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, mikeweil said:

R-2447887-1284578870.jpeg.jpg

Ordered after this was mentioned in the Anthony Cox thread, the mailman brought it this morning. Really an excellent album, These tracks are all little works of art best appreciated one by one.

I regret I never had the opporrtunity to see Lacy perform - he was such a unique, free spirit, and one of the people who represent to me what the essence of jazz really is.

Mike, I had the opportunity to see lacy on stage with Mal Waldron (app 20 years ago). It was a memorable experience. And this CD is
excellent.

Edited by B. Goren.
mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

51Nm64ez5RL._SY355_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John Tapscott said:

The Cannonball Adderley Quintet in San Francisco

Beloved platter .... the Adderley Brotherhood rarely sounded better ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

51zPYMZ1DBL._SY400_.jpg

Paul Quinichette - The Vice 'Pres': One of my favorite acquisitions of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disc 6 - with Jimmy Jones, piano; unknown bass; Roy Haynes, drums

R-2919771-1395807139-3342.jpeg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roscoe Mitchell & The Note Factory - Song For My Sister (Pi)

Roscoe-Mitchell-song-for-my-sister.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, erwbol said:

image.jpg

One of the best albums of the previous decade.

Yes.  It would be on my list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, erwbol said:

image.jpg

I'm listening to this too. :tup

 

Edited by HutchFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.jpg?c=Lom8z3OdAwP1A3FdGI1oj1WnbEN5

Disc 1: This was one of my all-time Mosaic bargains, at less than $40. It is a treasure trove.  The Confucius Restaurant material is outrageously good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.