JSngry

So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

52,495 posts in this topic

Alice Coltrane "Ptah the El Daoud" Impulse/Universal Japan SHM-CD

0001110512012_600.jpg

Alice Coltrane — harp, piano
Pharoah Sanders — tenor sax, alto flute, bells
Joe Henderson — tenor sax, alto flute
Ron Carter — bass
Ben Riley — drums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More Hawk:

61xEySryo1L._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roy Brooks, Understanding (Reel to Real)Image result for Roy Brooks understanding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hank Mobley - Blue Bossa (SSJ). Subtitled "Live in Copenhagen 1968"

R-11047741-1509547248-9478.jpeg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3RxHAKu.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Baikida Carroll - Orange Fish Tears (1974). On Jef Gilson's Palm label.

R-952582-1538439198-6995.jpeg.jpg

Edited by Rabshakeh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rabshakeh said:

Baikida Carroll - Orange Fish Tears (1974). On Jef Gilson's Palm label.

R-952582-1538439198-6995.jpeg.jpg

If ever an album deserved a good reissue, there you have it. One day, hopefully

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

If ever an album deserved a good reissue, there you have it. One day, hopefully

I actually dreamt it had been reissued last night and that is why I listened to it. 

25 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

If ever an album deserved a good reissue, there you have it. One day, hopefully

Maybe Abdul Wadud's By Myself first though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Rabshakeh said:

I actually dreamt it had been reissued last night and that is why I listened to it. 

Maybe Abdul Wadud's By Myself first though. 

How about on the same day. Possibly my top two.

Do your dreams ever come true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noah Howard: The Black Ark (Freedom Muzak Japanese CD reissue)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lxdEXlC.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

How about on the same day. Possibly my top two.

Do your dreams ever come true?

Let's see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cJ4w9eu.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kh1958 said:

Roy Brooks, Understanding (Reel to Real)Image result for Roy Brooks understanding

Your impressions .... ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Angles - Every Woman Is A Tree (Clean Feed, 2008)

R-2429518-1402958886-2047.jpeg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, soulpope said:

Your impressions .... ?

Just listened to the first disc so far. Woody Shaw is on fire. Slow start on first track, but both Understanding and Billie's Bounce are terrific. Good sound too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NP:

viewpoints-vibrations.jpg

Steve Turre - Viewpoints and Vibrations (Stash)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

soul station : Hank Mobley: Amazon.es: CDs y vinilos}

Seeing it in yesterday's Jazz Gazette as one of the top 60s albums made me see how long I hadn't played it. And I corrected. Now.

Edited by Bluesnik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul Brusger - Go To Plan B (Consolidated Artists Productions). This was listed in this thread a while back and the lineup intrigued me, Cuber & Hicks in particular. Very well done date. I ordered another of his titles (on Steeplechase) that was listed here as well and I'm waiting for that one to come in. If it's as good as this one, I'll be a very happy camper.

Go to Plan B - Paul Brusger | Credits | AllMusic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bresna said:

Paul Brusger - Go To Plan B (Consolidated Artists Productions). This was listed in this thread a while back and the lineup intrigued me, Cuber & Hicks in particular. Very well done date. I ordered another of his titles (on Steeplechase) that was listed here as well and I'm waiting for that one to come in. If it's as good as this one, I'll be a very happy camper.

Go to Plan B - Paul Brusger | Credits | AllMusic

It caught my attention too for the exact.same reason. They're two musicians who you never turn down. The two of them together...

I'd have liked Hicks a bit higher in the mix, is my only comment. It feels like a sax/drums duo at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.