miles65

New Woody Herman Mosaic

346 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, JSngry said:

I got those walkie-talkies (#13). That's what I use for streaming.

You dummy!  That's one of those new TRANSISTOR pocket radios!  Haven't you noticed nobody answers when you say "Over!"? Geez...   (But how is it for streaming?)

Oh crap, I meant #14!

How is it for streaming? Easy. I give the internet one, I keep the other. The internet sends, and all I gotta do is listen.

And when the internet needs new batteries, I walkie-talk over to Amazon and get them some.

It was all predicted, and it has come true:

R-3631294-1563704911-9833.jpeg.jpg

8 hours ago, JSngry said:

R-3631294-1563704911-9833.jpeg.jpg

I've got this very 10", along with the "City of Glass" 10" too -- that both belong to my MOM!  Seriously!!

Did you mom do Green Stamps? Mine did.

22 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Many people today would not know what you are not talking about. My Mother did S & H green stamps. 

On 3/4/2019 at 5:17 PM, gmonahan said:

I do wonder if this set got grandfathered in before Sony announced they were no longer going to lease any material to other labels.

gregmo

A facebook post from Ricky Riccardi today seems to indicate the set is still in production:

Well, this is interesting: my most loved photo of 2014 was the cover of "Satch Plays Fats"! And how have I spent my weekend? Writing liner notes for the next Mosaic Records set that will include an avalanche of alternate takes from both "Satch Plays Fats" and "Louis Armstrong Plays W. C. Handy"! (Heading to the studio this week....watch this space for updates.)

On 9/15/2019 at 7:02 PM, jazzbo said:

A facebook post from Ricky Riccardi today seems to indicate the set is still in production:

Well, this is interesting: my most loved photo of 2014 was the cover of "Satch Plays Fats"! And how have I spent my weekend? Writing liner notes for the next Mosaic Records set that will include an avalanche of alternate takes from both "Satch Plays Fats" and "Louis Armstrong Plays W. C. Handy"! (Heading to the studio this week....watch this space for updates.)

Great news! I know the status of this set has been very touch-and-go since Sony initiated its new policy, so this is definitely a good sign that it’s still progressing.

On 9/6/2019 at 7:42 AM, JSngry said:

My Mom did collect Green Stamps, in fact -- I'm almost positive.

Wouldn't be surprised if a few even turned up my Dad's houseful of stuff (which is all getting cleared out next week).

The Woody Herman set (and also the Hank Mobley set) have been pushed back to late October.

2 hours ago, thirdtry said:

The Woody Herman set (and also the Hank Mobley set) have been pushed back to late October.

I’m expecting to hear that both will be pushed back even more to early December along with the new Universal set of Tubby Hayes !  Hopefully I’m being unduly pessimistic though.;)

1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

I’m expecting to hear that both will be pushed back even more to early December along with the new Universal set of Tubby Hayes !  Hopefully I’m being unduly pessimistic though.;)

You're probably correct!!

Just got an email from Mosaic saying that the Mobley and Herman sets will ship in 3 to 4 weeks.

Talked to Scott yesterday, who described the Herman set as “snakebit” (not in terms of quality, but rather all of the weird manufacturing and packaging snafus they’ve hit with it), and he thinks both the Herman and the Mobley will be landing on our doorsteps by the end of the first week of November.

Woody Herman snakebit?

Well, it's November 3, and still no shipping notice on either of them.

gregmo

How can we sleep now?

43 minutes ago, Chuck Nessa said:

How can we sleep now?

:lol:

Them Thunderin' Herds can keep a feller up all night, Chuck!

17 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

How can we sleep now?

:P It can be a bit like waiting for Godot.....

gregmo

Hey folks,

Check out your e-mail. Mosaic sent out a Gazette this morning and it included a partial update:

3825e3ccd4ab45359f31ca4fe85d6b41.jpeg

Preorder Shipping Update

Woody Herman is at the warehouse and will begin shipping next week.

Hank Mobley will begin shipping the following week about November 18th.

So we should be snuggling these in a few weeks.

I pre-ordered the Woody set myself, but due to having all the Mobley material already, I didn’t pull the trigger on that one yet.

However, I’m thinking about placing an order for that one too, and asking them to hold onto the Woody set, and see if they can ship both together, rather than sending a second box out in a few weeks. Sounds like they’ve had a few snags along the way... Hope it didn’t set them back on these.

9 minutes ago, Dharmajazz said:

Woody Herman is at the warehouse and will begin shipping next week.

Damn...still working off that IRS debt. Let that be a lesson to use all.

Hope that they can at least give him one of these...

617w5rxP0eL.jpg

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

Damn...still working off that IRS debt. Let that be a lesson to use all.

Hope that they can at least give him one of these...

617w5rxP0eL.jpg

:lol:  Never trust your manager, kids, lest this be your fate.

Good news! A copy of the Savoy set I ordered for my Dad for Xmas just was "forwarded to the warehouse for shipping." Here's hoping that my Herman ships soon!

The Herman set just landed in my mailbox here at work.