Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark Stryker

Seeking: Downbeat review of Donald Byrd's "Black Byrd"

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Gang -- I'm trying to help a friend who asked if I had the issue of Downbeat containing a review of Byrd's "Black Byrd," which was released in early 1973. Alas, my collection of the magazine is incomplete and in 1973 I'm missing 1/4, 4/12 ,4/26, 6/7 and 7/5. Review is probably in one of the April issues.

Anybody got that and who could take a photo and post?

Thanks.

Edited by Mark Stryker

I should have  it in my closet. Can't gt to it right away, but will. Stay tuned.

What I would like to find ids the print ad that was in National Lampoon, a cigar smoking, fedora wearing cartoon crow with the caption something like i got some new blues for you....something like that,

5 minutes ago, JSngry said:

What I would like to find ids the print ad that was in National Lampoon, a cigar smoking, fedora wearing cartoon crow with the caption something like i got some new blues for you....something like that,

Wow. Never seen that. 

Sadly, I had pitch all of my National Lampoons when I got married, though i kept the Encylopedia of Humor for the Ted Kennedy VW ad. That special issue was soaked by firefighters when we had an apartment fire on Super Bowl Sunday, 1985. Fortunately, the fire headed away from the living room, where my LPs were stored.

On 5/26/2022 at 9:15 AM, Mark Stryker said:

Gang -- I'm trying to help a friend who asked if I had the issue of Downbeat containing a review of Byrd's "Black Byrd," which was released in early 1973. Alas, my collection of the magazine is incomplete and in 1973 I'm missing 1/4, 4/12 ,4/26, 6/7 and 7/5. Review is probably in one of the April issues.

Anybody got that and who could take a photo and post?

Thanks.

Just had a look through all 1973 issues, and guess what - they didn't review it at all.