How's the weather?

Another 3-4" of snow here. No big deal, but I'm starting to get tired of it. I just try to think of the folks who live in the Buffalo area or Maine and what we have here seems fine.

Another 6 inches or so today. Navigating the streets can be a challenge at times. The snow has nowhere to go. People getting pissed when I park the truck to get out and deliver the mail and there isn't much room to go around. One guy dropped the F-bomb on me yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

Snowbanks over my head. Ice dams one foot thick. I am sick of snow. I am sick of the cold. I'm getting too old for all this shoveling. I *am* too old for the roof-raking. I need to move somewhere warmer.

Now my daughter just texted me that the town knocked down the snowbanks on the side of our street, burying the end of my driveway again. Ugh.

At least 18 inches of snow over the weekend. Wind chills around 0 daytime, near 25 below at night. At least I'm off today for President's Day. This past week was probably one of the worst weeks I've worked in recent memory. 60 hours at least. Can't even begin to imagine what this week will bring.

I feel really bad for all of you cats in the northeastern U.S., as our winter here in the midwest has been insanely mild. We got about 4 inches of snow this morning, which brings our total accumulation this winter to about…5 inches. That's about a fifth of our average. Temps haven't been bad, either. I think our lowest temp so far is 6 degrees.

We're going to eventually pay for it, I'm sure. Probably have a brutal drought this summer. Or a tornado season that's off the charts...

But, I did get to finally to go out and play in my new 4x4 for the first time. :)

Never was a truck person, but my conversion was completed today.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...